Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year ~ 2012 and Traditions

It doesn't seem possible that 2011 is just about over!!  Another year gone and over.  My wish for you and your's is that you have a very Blessed and Healthy New Year.  One of our traditions for New Year's is to have pork and sauerkraut for dinner.  Since we are invited out for dinner tomorrow, I decided to have this delectable dinner tonight.  Until we got home from the store and put it in the oven, we didn't eat until almost 8:00 pm.  That is really, really late for us, but we have Church at 10:30 tonight, so that was okay!  We got boneless pork chops instead of a pork roast as they're pretty pricy here.
And of course, you have to have mashed potatoes to go with the sauerkraut. 
Dennis always likes corn and also applesauce.
This is what my "1st" plate looked like.  We both are stuffed to the gills, but was it ever good.  There's enough leftovers for another meal :o)
Again, have a safe & Happy New Year!!

6 comments:

Jeanne Kuhns said...

Uummm! looks so good...

Dorcas said...

Jeanne.....
It was really delicious!! We haven't had it ages maybe that's why it tasted so good to us :o) Did you guys have it?

Vi said...

HAPPY 2012! Had our pork & sauerkraut at Jimm & Cheryl's today. VERY GOOD!!!! I made 2 bread pies for dessert.

Dorcas said...

Vi.....
Happy New Year to you, too!! Glad you had your pork & sauerkraut, too. And the bread pies sound awfully good!!

Scott said...

Happy new year! I'm sitting at the airport checking out your blog. It looks great!

Dorcas said...

Scott.....
Hey! Thanks for stopping by my blog!! So good to hear from you. Are you on your way back to the Middle East already?? I know your Mom was so happy to have you home for a while. And she told me she asked you to update your blog for me :o) I will check it out. Stop by again leave a comment so I know you were here. Be safe and enjoy your time over there!!