Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Back to Work

I can't believe I'm not posting any pictures today!  No, the camera isn't broke, but just don't have any for today.  Yesterday, January 3rd, was my first full day back in the office since December 16th.  What a peaceful and very restful vacation I had!!  The only draw back of the whole time was not spending any time with family for Christmas.  We did get to talk to Brett and his family on Skype a few times and Brandon on the phone.  Other than a family of four we were the only one's on this big compound.  It was rather quiet compared to school days when there are about 150 people around to make quite a stirring.  I really enjoyed the quiet time.  Usually when we go to the States or vacation I feel like I have to come back home and rest up for a few days after all the running we have to do!  But this time things were much different.  If I wanted to sit in the recliner or lay on the sofa to read my book that's what I did.  If I wanted to take a nap that's exactly what I did :o)  If we wanted to run to town and get something to eat that's what we did!!  After our two big parties the week before Christmas it was rather a laid back time which I really took advantage of as usually it is so busy here.  In fact, I was so spoiled from our vacation that I was not looking forward to going back to work in the office!  I knew it would be crazy busy the first day and I was not let down.  The students school bills were due the last day before break, but that doesn't mean all the parents paid then.  So, I had a pretty steady flow of people in and out all day long.  Plus I had went in and worked between an hour/hour & a half on Monday morning as I needed to get the new bill for January ready because I wanted to send it home yesterday.  There is a lot of preparation to do for that to happen and even though I was in the office for a short time Monday and brought things home and worked on it in that evening it still took many hours before it was ready to go to the students yesterday, but it did happen a little less than an hour before school was dismissed for the day!  There are always a lot of interruptions for me especially on the first day back to school after a vacation or even one day off.  I wondered how I'd get through a whole day after being able to take a nap whenever I wanted :o)  But I had no problem as I was so busy!  I was in the office much later than usual and still had to bring the money home to count it.  When I go back to work in just a short while my desk has many things to finish that I didn't get completed yesterday.  I'd rather be busy than sitting around bored with things going slow, but I don't see myself sitting around twiddling my thumbs today either!  haha!!  I hope your New Year is going well!!

2 comments:

Vi said...

Welcome back to the working world, sis! Don't over-do it!

Dorcas said...

Vi.....
Ha!! I sure got the workout yesterday on my first day back. Things were a little slower today, but not much. Hopefully tomorrow will be even better :o)