Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Christmas Breezes Blowing Again

Right before the Christmas break at school, the temperature had cooled down and it was very windy.  One of the teacher's told me that the Caymanian people call this type of weather "Christmas Breezes" as it is usually around Christmas when it cools down like this and is literally "breezy" :o)  It was down right beautiful the past two days after a very hot, humid, muggy summer and fall.  So far since we've lived here September has been the hottest month.  Yesterday it was so pretty outside again and today has not been a disappointment, let me tell you.  Right now it is a balmy 72 degrees!!  I just turned our A/C way up so it won't come on and opened several of our windows here in the house.  That's only the second time that they've been opened since we lived here.  I know that in my home area up in PA it was down to 11 degrees early this morning.  A big come on down to my family who are probably frozen stiff!!  If only the temps were like this year around, but that doesn't happen here.  I had to go outside today to look for a student and the Junior High Class was out playing basketball.  As I glanced over the group of kids I sort of got tickled as I saw one boy in particular wearing a hoodie jacket.  But these people here are so use to the hot weather that they do get cold!  I sometimes get cool myself, but not today.  If I was just sitting outside and not moving then I'd be pretty chilly.  Tonight, I'm sure a lot of people will come to Church wearing sweaters and jackets!!  Here's a picture I just took of our temperature here in Cayman.
This was yesterday!
We're loving it!!

2 comments:

Vi said...

The "hooded" purple coat still awaits you my dear sister!!

Dorcas said...

Dear Sister Sue.....
No need of the "hooded" purple coat here :o) It's another beautiful day with the breezes blowing through the open windows ~ again!! But remember that when you all have your windows open in the Spring, Summer or Fall we'll have to have the A/C on because it's unbearably hot otherwise.