Sunday, January 8, 2012

Naked

Yes, that is exactly how my house is looking right now!!  NAKED!!  I put all of my Christmas decorations away on Thursday and finished up pretty much on Friday night when I took down the tree's.  It's sort of depressing after the holidays are gone and the house looks soooooooooooo bare!!  This year my house didn't get deocrated until late because we were in the States until after Thanksgiving.  I like to have everything up before then, if at all possible.  Maybe that will happen this year :o)  We'll see!  I told Dennis I felt that I had just put everything up and now it's down and packed in boxes for a while to come.  Christmas is my favorite time of the year.  Some people talk about getting caught up in the hustle and bustle of the holiday.  I think you can enjoy it to the fullest and still remember the real "Reason for the Season!"  I do!!  So, until next Christmas I'm going to try to live life to the fullest and enjoy every minute of it.  I'm sure there will be hard places and rough times, but we will make it!!  What a wonderful life!!

4 comments:

Vi said...

I know what you mean about empty! It echo's in here with the deco's gone. Need to find some valentine things. Remember, we have a sis who'll be 60 this year!!!! It's not you or me, so guess who's left?

Dorcas said...

Vi.....
When I was putting away my Christmas decorations, I thought about leaving out my red pillar candles. May get them back out! And, wow, I wonder who that may be since it's not you or I turning 60?!?!!?!

Jimm said...

Needs to be a spring holiday to get everyone out of the winter duldrums. Up north, that is!! And I ain't sayin' nothin' about the party girl!! Love you all!!!!!

Dorcas said...

Jim.....
Haha!!!