Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Party

We had two Christmas parties in the last week!  Talk about a lot of work in the kitchen!!  Oh, my!!  I cooked and baked and then cooked and baked somemore.  But it's so rewarding when your guests show up and really seem to enjoy themselves and the food.  I didn't get any pictures at the first party unfortunately.
For my family who've been here and met Laten, here he is on the left in the blue shirt.  He is doing so well!!



The first party was for the Church Board and their spouses.  We had invited the Premier (our President here in Cayman) and his wife to join us as they did last year.  They had planned to come, but it's their first Christmas since their daughter passed away and they've been having a really hard time.  So, they decided to just stay home as they really didn't feel like socializing which we certainly understood!  But they were in Church this Christmas morning.  It was good to see them again!
~     ~     ~     ~     ~
In the next several posts I put just a few of the recipes I used for our parties.  A lot of the recipes were new ones, but I also have my old faithful ones :o)  Enjoy!!

2 comments:

Vi said...

Looks like you had a feast! By the way, your door looks GREAT with the blinds. Glad you did that, sure gives you privacy!!!!

Dorcas said...

Vi.....
Yes, it sure needed it. I can't believe someone didn't see the need before we moved here.