Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Results Are In

In my previous post I wrote about the three day diet that we were on.  This is what it looked like for those evening dinners except one night when I made steamed broccoli.  It was pretty good!
But I'd like to fast forward to the results of that diet.  The article that was written to go with the diet said you could lose up to seven pounds in those three days.  Remember now that I've been dieting for three weeks when I started this.  This morning, I went into the bathroom and very quietly got the scale and laid it gently on the ceramic tile floor so Dennis wouldn't hear me.  After my excitement I went into our bedroom and did a happy dance!!  He just looked at me, because he forgot about our weighing in :o)  I announced that I'd lost another four pounds without any cheating.  I was pretty happy considering the previous three weeks!!  So, for me that a grand total of 17 lbs. in about three and a half weeks.  Yesterday one of the students mother came to pay school fees.  She looked at me and said, "You've lost weight!"  Did that ever make my heart smile.  It felt good from someone I haven't seen since before Christmas notice my accomplishment!!  Today, one of the teachers said she can see my tops are looking big on me and my skirts are now blowing in the wind!  Wow, what did I look like before?  Please don't answer that!!  Anyway, I'm going to continue on this journey until Easter.  Hopefully I won't derail when I go up to the North country.  I don't intend to always watch everything as closely as I am now that I eat, but I do want to try better.  It will always be a battle, but this time I hope I can continue what I've started and am working on so hard!!  Oh, yes, Dennis lost 6 lbs on this diet!!  YIPPEE!!

4 comments:

Jimm said...

Maybe you'll need to cheat a little. If you are on this diet till Easter you may be only a shadow! We can go for a ride and geta sip of homemade rootbeer and a whoopie pie!MMM

Dorcas said...

Jimm.....
I think 'til Easter it still may be a pretty big shadow:o) Yesterday I was craving something sweet to munch on. Sometimes it gets really hard!! Dennis got me this gum that tastes like strawberry shortcake. I've almost chewed (ate) the whole pack!! haha!! It sugarfree and really tastes good.

Jeanne said...

you always make me feel quilty when you go on your diet..
I need to do that too..

Dorcas said...

Jeanne.....
I'm still dieting and have lost almost 20 lbs!! Still working at it.