Sunday, March 27, 2011

I'm In Tampa

Yes, I made it to Tampa!  I was very nervous about flying out of Grand Cayman to the United States ~ from one country to another.  You have to fill out paper work for U.S. Customs and I was hoping I did everything right.  Apparently I did :o)  When I got off the plane, went through Customs and got my luggage I headed through the airport and down the escalator.  There waiting for me was Dennis and Caden!!  They weren't looking at first, but then Caden looked up and saw me.  He just melted and we waved until I thought my arm would fall off :o)  When I got to down to the bottom, I just left go of my luggage and picked him up and squeezed and squeezed and squeezed!!  It was such an awesome feeling.  Next, we went and picked up a rental car.  With two youngin's and four adults, we just can't all fit in Brett's truck anymore.  So Caden rode with us in the car.

We then went to meet Karissa as they were towing a U-haul with the truck and she didn't come into the main part of the airport.  Oh, my!!  When I saw Jordan ~ he was just so adorable and what a BIG boy!!  He's a little chunk of a hunk.  Nobody had lunch yet, so we went to Caden's favorite place ~ McDonald's.  I had a salad while Jordan sucked the ketchup off french fries.  It was so cute!!
Do you think he was happy to see his Grammy?  Just look at that smile!
Then we came on the base and got on Skype to talk to Brett!!  It's been a long time since we've done this and it was so nice to see him.  He leaves Germany around 5:00 am (our Monday time) and arrives in Tampa around 6:00 pm.  We are all so anxious to see him!!
Here the men are in the kitchen of the Temporary Housing where we are staying.  They must be discussing what they are going to eat next :o)
Just toooooooooooooooo sweet!!
A little Grammy time!  Jordan is doing a lot better, but still really has a horrible cough!!
Jordan was crawling on Caden's back!
Don't you think he's happy to see Grammy?
Making his own peanut butter & jelly sandwich (with a little help from Mom!)
Conked out
Still showing me that he still sucks his thumb
He crawled up into the high chair!!
And after such an exciting day by spending it with Grammy, someone is all tuckered out and getting rested up for another big day tomorrow when his Daddy arrives home after being gone almost 8 months to Afghanistan!!

11 comments:

Jeanne said...

I could experience your excitement...
What fun!
How long will you be there?

Dorcas said...

Jeanne.....
I'm sure you know about it! We'll be here until Thursday!! I wish it was longer, but we've got to get back for work at the school & Church.

Vi said...

What a "HAPPY REUNION". I'm sure it will be "HAPPIER" when the reunion is complete. It's almost 3 p m & I'm sure time is really dragging for all. Have a WONDERFUL time together!!! Give hugs & kisses!

Vi said...

Is that still my blue blanky Caden is carrying? It's got some miles on it too. Not quite as many as my green bowl!

Dorcas said...

Vi.....
Yes, time is going slow :o) We took Caden out to the store(s), McDonald's, to get a haircut and to the BX to buy some little American flags for tonight!!

Dorcas said...

Vi.....
Yes, it's that same blue blankie!! It gets around.

Jimm said...

A HAPPY DAY. Give love to all. Will send hugs and kisses later when yours are gone!

Dorcas said...

Jimm.....
Thanks!! You don't need to worry about us running out of hugs & kisses:o) Send some just in case though!!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DORCAS JEAN!!!

Dorcas said...

Anonymous.....
Thank you!! I think I know who this might be.....someone far north of me, right now :o)

Dorcas said...

Anonymous.....
Thank you!! I think I know who this might be.....someone far north of me, right now :o)