Friday, March 11, 2011

Our First Trip of Leisure to the Beach/Sea

This morning for the first time, we went  to spend some leisure time at the beach!!  We went to one of the beaches close to our house for baptism's three times and have driven by numerous times in the almost 14 months we've lived here, but hadn't taken the time to just go to relax.  We didn't have any classes at school all week ~ Monday and Tuesday were our Sports Day's and the rest of this week school was closed for Ash Wednesday break.  I've been busy cleaning out closet's, etc. and this morning Dennis asked me if I wanted to go to the beach.  So off we went!!  We went to a beautiful beach that was not at a resort or timeshare.  This is what awaited us as we approached crested the mound of sand!!  Breath taking!!
The next two pictures are the area where we live
A little crab was here and when I stood up from my chair it quickly made a hole and disappeared :o)
Right at my feet
Another crab
Since we weren't by a resort/timeshare the beach wasn't raked, but it was still beautiful.
Two jet~ski's.  Oh, would that be fun or what?
Another bigger crab
Can you find the crab on here?
What a peaceful and relaxing few hours we had.  Dennis went in the water swimming and exercising a couple different times.  He said the water was so cold at first!!  I just barely got my toes wet.  I'd like to go early in the mornings before I go to work and walk on the beach for exercise!!  Can't wait to do it again and hopefully it won't be too long until the next time!  I hope you enjoy the pictures.  If you're tired of the snow, I know a good place where you can go to warm up and enjoy the sun and beautiful water and beach!!

6 comments:

Vi said...

The Sea looks as pretty as it did 5 months ago! Please send "warmth"!

Anonymous said...

Glad you finally did that. Wan't it relaxing? I sure do miss it there.

Charlotte

Dorcas said...

Charlotte.....
It was so nice and breezy! We went before it was really hot. Hope to do it again and often :o)

Dorcas said...

Vi.....
It is just awesome!! I love it!!

Jeanne said...

take us there sometime...

Dorcas said...

Jeanne.....
I'd love to!! When are you coming down?