Saturday, March 19, 2011

Welcome to the World



I'd like to welcome my great~niece into the world!  Avery Mae, was born at 8:15 am on Tuesday, March 15th and weighed 5 pounds, 9 ounces and was 18.75 inches long and was 23 days early.  Congratulations to my nephew, Mike and his wife, Tara on the new addition to their family.  Avery has my Mother's middle name and I think that is so neat!!  Also, congratulations to my sister, Charlotte and her husband Richard on the new arrival.  I know they are anxious to make that several hours journey to visit their new grandbaby!!
~     ~     ~     ~     ~
On another note, it was five years ago on Wednesday that my dear nephew, Matthew, lost his battle to cancer.  It just doesn't seem possible that it's been that long.  We miss him so much but treasure the memories we have of him!!  I know his family still misses him everyday but we can all go to where he is.  That is what is so comforting!!

2 comments:

Vi said...

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL! Wishing you much joy & happiness! Along with joy there's saddness. We'll never forget our wonderful Matthew. He's missed terribly!

Dorcas said...

Vi.....
Such mixed emotions!!