Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Please Pray For Jordan and Brett

Karissa called me last evening and I always ask first thing how they all are doing.  She said Jordan has been really, really sick ~ not drinking much, eating little and when he does usually it doesn't stay down, feels very hot but his temp is only 100 degrees and that she hasn't put clothes on him for two days because he feels so hot!  She's called the pediatrician two days in a row and couldn't get an appointment.  Finally, yesterday when she called they said someone cancelled for today and he got the appointment to take him in.  I heard him in the background coughing and he sounded just terrible.  She said this is the sickest he's been yet!  After talking to her, I called Dennis as he was trying to call me while I was talking with her.  He told me to call her back to take him to the hospital that he may have pneumonia which I did.  Before getting off the phone with her I asked her to call me back to let me know what was going on.  She did this morning at 12:30.  They admitted baby Jordan to the Children's Hospital where they said he has bronchilitus again, but his oxygen level won't stay up to where it's supposed to be.  So, of course, they put him on oxygen and she said he was asleep.  I'm sure she was glad for that as he hasn't been sleeping much at all!  Please pray that he will get over this and be feeling better.  Of course, Brett has had trouble with his lungs since he was a baby and they kept asking Karissa if Brett has asthma.  Oh, my!!  I sure wish I was up there right now to help her out, but her Mother or someone was with her.
As for Brett, we're not sure what's going on there!!  Karissa hasn't talked to him for a couple of days which is no surprise to any of us, because about a week ago, the guys who will be his group's replacements got over there and Brett's group was training them.  He told us that he had to work a 12 hour shift and when he finished that had to go out and do something very, very important for several more hours.  Like Dennis told him, that's when mistakes happen when you're sooooooooooo tired!!  The last date we knew that he was to arrive in Tampa was April 9th or 10th.  Yesterday, Karissa was talking to some of her friends whose husbands/boyfriends are over in Afghanistan with Brett and they told her the group is to come home on Monday!!  She hasn't been able to confirm this as not being able to talk to Brett.  We're all super happy about this, but that means more than likely we won't be there when he arrives :o(((  So, now we're waiting to hear about that.  Please pray for Brett and the others wherever they are and whatever they're doing.  It's a very, very busy time for them.  Also, whenever he comes back, please pray they have safe flights!!  I'll update on here when I hear more about Jordan and Brett!!  Thanks for our prayers for both of them!!
LATEST UP DATE ON BRETT & JORDAN!!  (3:40 pm)
Brett is out of Afghanistan!!  Thank You, Jesus!!  He is at another Air Force Base.  Not sure how long he will be there.  From there he'll go to Germany for I believe, four days and then home to Tampa.  We're still waiting to hear from him before changing my airline reservations.
*     *     *     *     *
I talked to Karissa at lunchtime and poor baby Jordan doesn't seem much better.  I thought maybe he'd go home today, but it doesn't sound like!  He's one sick baby.  Since he's not eating or drinking much there's a possibility of putting a feeding tube into his stomach :o(  I'll try to update when I hear something!!  Please keep praying!!

No comments: