Monday, March 21, 2011

Happy Birthday, Daddy

George B. Killinger was born into the world on March 22, 1916 and in 19?? he became my Daddy!!  I don't remember that day, of course, but I have soooooooooooo many memories of him from throughout my life!!
 I love his smile here.  He always had fun playing with Brett and Brandon.  Really, I think he could spend time playing with any child.  He truly loved kids!
Here he is with "His Little Girl" and note I said little :o)  (Oh, what I'd give to be that size again.)  Anyway, this picture was taken at Skaneatles at one of the Finger Lakes in New York when we lived in Syracuse!
Daddy,
I sure will miss celebrating your birthday again another year!!  It was always fun having a cake and some ice cream for your special day.  As I've said many times before, you were the best Dad a girl could have.  It seems that these pictures have almost brought you to life again.  I miss you so much.  Thank you for all you ever did for me!!
Your Little Girl,
Dorcas

P.S.  I'm learning how to scan pictures and boy, did I ever come across some good ones :o)  In the future I'll try to post some of them and share a few laughs with you!

8 comments:

Vi said...

You're right! When I saw these, It seems like he should be here somewhere. I miss him & the others so much. Thanks for the post. Can't believe it's 6 yrs!!!!

Dorcas said...

Vi.....
This is the time of the year that really bothers me. His birthday, Mom's birthday, Matt's passing, Daddy's passing & Thelma!! Oh, my!

Anonymous said...

We all feel the same way, Dorcas. It's still so hard. I love these pictures. Thanks for posting them.
Sometimes when we have Sawyer here I envision if Dad was here. I can just hear him say, "What a sweet little baby." And then he'd gently swing her around in his arms a bit. Just think what the newer generation is missing:(

Happy Birthday, Dad. My love for you hasn't changed.

Charlotte

Jimm said...

Those pictures are so lifelike. Sure do miss you,Pop. Will be in our hearts forever. Happy Birthday. These are tough times.

Dorcas said...

Charlotte.....
I've said to Dennis so many times about how much fun Daddy would have with Caden and now Jordan, too! It really is sad! We just have to tell them how wonderful a man their Great~Pop~Pop was, I guess!

Dorcas said...

Jim.....
Don't those pictures just do something to you? So real to me!! Yes, I sure do agree ~ really, really tough times!!

Jeanne said...

great pics of you and your Dad..
Happy Birthday in Heaven...

Dorcas said...

Jeanne.....
Thanks Jeanne!! So glad I have lots of pictures!!