Monday, February 28, 2011

Weight Loss Total and New Diet

Oh, I am sooooooooooooo excited!!  I got up this morning and was doing some ironing when Dennis came to tell me he had just got on the scale and has lost 10 lbs. since his surgery.  I was really happy for him!!  Then his next statement was this, "Go get weigh yourself to see how much you've lost!"  I got nervous :o)  Since I hadn't weighed in for two weeks I wasn't sure what my total would be but I knew I'd lost some.  I finished my ironing and went back to the bathroom and got the scales and laid them on the floor.  Finally, I got brave enough to step on and tada!!  I've lost 13 lbs in three weeks since I began dieting!!  I'm so happy and excited.  Now if I can just keep it up.  That was very encouraging to me and don't think I'll have a problem continuing on this journey.  I know I won't be losing 8 lbs. every two weeks, but that's a good start, I think!!  Today we started a new diet that we saw in one of my magazines.  Usually I'll read a diet and there's so many things in it that I don't care for, but this one was different ~ I liked all the things on the menu.  Here's what it is:
~     ~     ~     ~     ~
The 3~Day Probiotic Power Cleanse
Probiotics experts helped create this special low~cal, probiotic~spiked plan.  It's desgned for quick results over a short period of time.  Drink as much water and tea as you like while following the menus.  Add other very~low~cal and low~sodium extras (spices, herbs, vinegar) as desired.
~     ~     ~     ~     ~
Breakfast
Choose one daily:
1 cup high~fiber cerl layered with 1 cup no~sugar added probiotic yogurt and 1/2 cup berries
or
2 scrambled eggs, 1/2 cup vegetables, 1 cup no~sugar added probiotic yogurt and 1/2 cup berries
Lunch
4 oz. cooked lean protein (such as chicken breast, fish or tofu), low~sodium seasoning to taste
2 cups salad greens
1 cup raw vegetables
2 Tbsp. lite dressing
Dinner
3 oz. cooked lean protein, low~sodium seasoning to taste
2 cups raw or steamed vegetables
1/2 cup brown rice, whole~grain pasta or baked sweet potato, 1/2 tsp. olive oil
Snack
Enjoy once daily
1 cup no~sugar added probiotic yogurt with 1/2 cup berries
What exactly are probiotics?
They're health~promoting live bacteria found in certain yogurt, Kraft Live Active snack bars and over~the~counter supplements.  Probiotics bolster the trillions of healthy bacteria that live naturally in our digestive tracts to aid in digestion, increase vitamin absorption and fight disease.  They also block belly fat, cut calorie absorption, tame hunger and beats bloating!!  You are supposed to lose 7 lbs and 2" in 3 days.  I didn't do any measuring this morning, so I won't know how many inches I lose.  Also, since I've already been dieting for three weeks not sure how much I'll lose in these three days.  We'll see!!  For a tip if you're interested, for our yogurt we bought LaYogurt Light Probiotic.  They have several delicious flavors.  Unfortunately, they don't have no sugar added down here that we could find.  So, if you decide to do this, let me know!  I'd be curious to know how it works out for you!!  I'll be letting you know in three days if it didn't anymore for me.  Happy dieting!!

2 comments:

Jimm said...

sounds like something I need to try!If it beats big bellies and beats bloating should be for me. Keep us posted on your progress. LOL

Dorcas said...

Jimm.....
The diet wasn't bad at all. Like I said most of them have foods I don't care for but this had all things I like!!!