Sunday, February 13, 2011

Do You Know What Love Is?

I sure do!!
Love is being a Grammy to two very special handsome and adorable little men in my life!!  I've been missing these guys something awful and almost wanted to cry every time I would think about them.  It's so hard being far away from them BUT then I think of how far away their Daddy is right now being in Afghanistan I sort of feel ashamed of myself.  So, today after dinner I got on the computer and asked Karissa to call us asap as I just needed to hear their voices and know they were all doing okay.  Within a few short minutes she was calling us.  I talked with her for a little bit and then she got Caden.  She asked if he wanted to talk to Grammy and I could hear him as he yelled, "Yeah!"  Wow!!  That made my heart do a Happy Dance whatever that is :o)  It didn't take me but a few seconds to strike up a conversation with him.  I told him that when his Daddy gets home that I'm going to fly to Tampa and bring him back to Cayman for a few weeks with me.  He became very excited when I told him we would go to the Sea and play on the beach and visit the Turtle Farm.  He said, "Are there turtles there?"  How cute and innocent!!  Now hopefully everything will fall into place and in a couple of months it will all become reality.  Oh, how I love those grandbabies!!  At one point, Karissa said that baby Jordan who is going on seven months was holding the phone.  I started talking to him and I could hear him as he was trying to jabber back.  At this point,  my heart was doing flip~flops.  Then I think of how God must feel when we talk to him.  He loves for us to talk to Him anytime of the day or night!!  Yes, I know what love is.  Do you? 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, how sweet. Yes, that is love.

Charlotte

Dorcas said...

Char.....
You've got one grandbaby and soon to be two! Aren't they the best?? I just love being a Grammy :o))

Vi said...

What a cute "trio". I'm sure you really miss them alot.

Dorcas said...

Vi.....
Yes, I miss them terribly bad sometimes!! It was so good just to hear their voices on the phone Sunday!!