Monday, February 21, 2011

Happy Anniversary Brett ~ 5 Years

Dear Brett,
I cannot believe it is five years ago today that you left on a journey in your life starting out in the United States Air Force!!  Five years!!  In some ways, it seems like it was just yesterday but in many, many other ways it seems like 50 years ago.  I'll never forget this day . . . . .
 We took you up near Cleveland to spend the night and met you the next day at the MEPS building.  That's where it all began!!  I'll never, ever forget that day.  When we got back home, I went in your bedroom and fell across you bed and cried and cried.  Little did I realize where all this experience would take you in these five years.  You went straight to San Antonio, Texas for your Basic Training.  After graduation you stayed on there for your Tech School.  You wanted to come close to home for your stationing, but of course, that didn't work out that way.  You ended up in Tampa, Florida!  Wow, have we enjoyed visiting you and your family there.  We love Tampa!  What a beautiful place.  Your first deployment sent you to Dubai and your next one was to Afghanistan.  And now you're back there again!! 
 You've had to be away from your family this time about 8 months until you get back to the States.  But we're seeing light at the end of the tunnel, buddy!!  Hang in there!!  I know it's hard but you are one tough guy and will make it home very soon and we cannot wait!!
When you left, your baby was only 10 days old and Caden had just turned 3 years old.  What a great reunion it will be when you see those little one's.  I'd love to be there, too!  We'll see about that :o)  Just one more year and then you'll be out of the military.  In some ways that makes me sad, but with all the changes that you've seen and continue to see, I'll be glad when it's over.
Dad and I are so proud of you!!  At times it's been so hard for all of us, but especially you!!  But you've made something of yourself and we're not ashamed of you.  Keep encouraged.  The time will be here soon and we know there will be no more deployments and separations from your family.  Again, we're proud of you and thank you for all you've done for our freedom!!
Lots of love,
Mom (for Dad, too!)

4 comments:

AUNT VI said...

THANK YOU, BRETT! WOW! 5 YEARS ALREADY! HOPEFULLY YOU'LL SOON BE BACK IN THE USA!!! TAKE CARE & BE SAFE! I'M PRAYING FOR YOU DAILY!!! LOVE YOU!

Dorcas said...

Vi.....
I told him last night when he called me that it won't be long now! Hallelujah!!

Jeanne said...

thank you Brett for protecting us...

Dorcas said...

I can't wait until he's home!