Monday, February 21, 2011

Winding Down One Successful Evening

These sweet little girls that are swinging are Shaye (left) and Paris (right) with her mommy.  They are both in our Reading Center (1st grade) and are so cute!!
These two ladies are sisters and the one of the right is our kindergarten teacher.  While the band was playing and the group singing, they were getting into the music.  BUT that is what they do here in the Caribbean.  Did I ever laugh.  Later I told them I wished I knew how to use the video on my camera as I would have captured the rhythm they were feeling :o))

 These students standing here with Dennis are the ones that are planning to go to the International Student Convention in May ~ thus the reason for the Extravaganza fund raiser. 
There are presently 33 students signed up to go, but of course, that can change between now and then!
We have no idea how many people came out for this 1st annual event, but we thought possibly around 1,000!  What wonderful support we have!!  Everyone really seemed to enjoy there time with us.

2 comments:

Vi said...

Looks like a great time was had by all. Wonderful turnout! Will this be an annual event? Too bad I wasn't there, I could have made potato salad, LOL!!!!!

Dorcas said...

Vi.....
Yes, this was the beginning of hopefully an annual event. If it grows every year, which I'm sure it will, this will really be something!! And yes, you should've been here. We would to had potato salad AND your beans. Those would've topped off the evening :o))