Sunday, February 6, 2011

"D~Day" Has Arrived

I've been having trouble with my kidneys and have a stone.  So, when I went to the urologist on Friday, he said I have to have a test on my kidney's which is scheduled for tomorrow morning.  But this afternoon I had to drink this bottle of potion to prepare me for the test.  After knowing this was coming, I decided it will be a good time to start dieting, but what a way to start!!
 I had bought several sets of these books to give for Christmas gifts and also got one for myself.  I got it out today to start reading as I won't be going to Church tonight.  It looks really, really good.  I love to read anything written Beverly Lewis as she was born in Lancaster County in Pennsylvania where I grew up and almost all of her books are fiction about the Amish.
 Then I also brought out another of my favorites!!  Martha Bolton is another good author and at times very humorous as you can see by the title of this book.  In the coming days, I hope to use some of her quotes on here!
Now back to the chicken broth to settle my stomach and to eat some diet strawberry jello!!  This is just the beginning of a very long diet.  If you like to eat like I do, in the end you pay for it by gaining the weight that goes along with the good eating.  But then you have to work sooooooooooo hard to take that extra weight off!!  It will pay off in the end by the shedding of the unwanted pounds.

2 comments:

Vi said...

Trust today went well for you!

Dorcas said...

Vi.....
Just mighty glad it's over!!