Tuesday, February 1, 2011

What Do You Think? A New Look

Last Monday, was a holiday here ~ Hero's Day and so there was no school.  One of the teachers here who did painting professionally before moving to Cayman painted my office for me.  What color?  What color is there beside purple?  He did two accent walls in darker purple and the others in a lighter shade!  It turned out so pretty and I love it.  One of the big bouquets from the funeral were given to me and moved into my office.  They blend in so nice!!
                                    A few other views
My office isn't finished yet as I want to change the pictures around and add our family picture behind my desk on the accent wall along with a few other touches!

                                Some close~up's of the flowers








10 comments:

Gayle said...

Dorcas,
Your office is beautiful! Purple is my favorite color! The flowers are so pretty! Thanks for sending me you link I really missed looking at your blog. Hope all is well! We are freezing here:)
Love,
Gayle

Dorcas said...

Gayle....
What a nice surprise to hear from you! Thanks for your comments. I'm getting ready to have my bedroom painted purple, soon, I hope. I heard there's a major storm going across the US!! Stay warm and safe.

Vi said...

GORGEOUS! I can just feel the warmth from the beautiful office. Oh wait, I'm standing by the heater. That turned out awesome, Dorcas. The flowers are gorgeous!

Dorcas said...

Vi.....
I really like it, too! Wish you could see it in person as it looks better than the pictures. And the flowers, I'm enjoying them but it still makes me so sad!

Jimm said...

Beauteous, Sis. If he has any paint left over....
Flowers are so pretty. LOL

Dorcas said...

Jim.....
I had to use some of the leftover paint before he even had it put away. I went in my office the morning he was painting and tripped over something. Natural instinct was to catch myself from falling by putting my hand on the wall! WRONG!! Needless to say, I had a purple hand. Fortunately, I took the roller over the wall and covered it up before he came back in :o) But I did tell him as I laughed!!

Jeanne said...

This is soooooooooooo beautiful...
I bet you love it, as I remember your favorite color is purple...
very nice!!

Dorcas said...

Jeanne.....
Yep! That's my very favorite ~ anything in the purple family :o)

Anonymous said...

The dark color really sets the room off. It would look nice in your bedroom too.

Charlotte

Dorcas said...

Charlotte.....
That's one of the next projects! I can't wait until I have my whole house painted. That is an exciting thought. I know ~ why don't you siblings come down and we'll have a week or two of painting parties????