Sunday, February 27, 2011

My Dieting Journey

Three weeks ago today, I had to drink this nasty stuff for an x-ray to be done the following day on my kidneys.  I thought since I had to go to this extent that I'd just go ahead and start on a journey that I should've went on long before now :o)  If you've never had to diet and can eat whatever you want without gaining weight, I am soooooooooo happy for you.  But sometimes with me, I forget about self-control when it comes to good food! haha!!  I am not a person to get on the scale every day while dieting.  No way!!  That can be very discouraging.  After I had dieted for the first week I got on the scale to see what the results were.  Oh, man, was I ever happy ~  I had lost 5 pounds the first week.  Then the second week I didn't get on the scale as I was a little bit skeptical after I had eaten some pasta :o(  BUT tomorrow morning, I'm going to weigh in.  I can't wait to see how much more I've lost.
~     ~     ~     ~     ~
Nasty stuff!!
Today for dinner I made veggie stir fry with chicken.  Oh, boy, was that ever tasty and delicious.  Dennis said he wants that for dinner every Sunday now :o)  I sprayed Pam in my frying pan instead of using oil to cook the stir fry and that did wonders.  The chicken I did on my George Foreman grill so that was good, too!!
 I've been eating lots and lots of this (chicken cooked of the George Foreman)
 and lots and lots of this. . . . . .
 and then lots and lots of this!!
So, together with all of these goodies and exercising it sure is helping!!  Tomorrow, Dennis and I both are going on a three day Probiotic diet.  More to come on that!!

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

I need to do this same thing...

Dorcas said...

Jeanne.....
It's so very easy to put the weight on, but you've got to work very hard to get it off!!

Vi said...

The stir-fry looks scrumptious! Is it SALT-FREE?

Dorcas said...

Vi.....
It was so good! At first I wasn't going to make the whole bag and then on second thought I would so I could have some leftovers. Yea, right!! No leftovers were left:o) I did not add any salt, but the soy sauce was very salty!! You can get low sodium soy saue (I think) but for sure Teriaki low sodium. That's what we're going to pick up at the store! I'm still dreaming of those non-leftovers:o(