Thursday, June 23, 2011

Out Of Moth Balls

I've been thinking about doing so sewing for quite a while, but just didn't take the time to get started.  So, yesterday I went and dug out my sewing machine.  I haven't used it since we moved to Cayman!!  Shame, shame, shame!!  I love to sew, but during the school year when I'm in the office working I just don't have the time or make the time to do it. 
Last summer, Dennis, our former Principal and myself flew up to Nashville, Tennessee for them to take Administrator Training for our school.  It was wonderful for me being it really was a vacation for me while they were in class :o)  And those of you who really know me realize how much I love to shop.  When you live on an Island where there really isn't a whole lot of places to shop, when I come to the States at times I go into a shopping frenzy!  But I still have to be careful because I have to make sure I have room in our luggage to bring my treasures home.  It's not like running to your local mall or Walmart and putting all the shopping bags in the back seat or trunk of your car and heading home!  Anyway, I was in a Walmart in the Nashville area and had wanted to buy some fabric.  I was looking around thinking of all the many things that I could make BUT then again there was the time thingy.  I went ahead and purchased some pretty fabric to make several things.  Yesterday, this is what I made and completed.  A beautiful new tablecloth for our small table.  I really like how it turned out!! 
Here is a close~up picture of the fabric although it isn't quite the true color.  I have more projects in the making.  After I finished the tablecloth I started something else, but will wait to show you that when it's completed.  So come back soon and hopefully it will be on here for your viewing :o)

2 comments:

Vi said...

I'm sure it's curtains for your glass doors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dorcas said...

Vi.....
Oh, you'll have to wait and see :o) Right now I'm working on Caden's birthday blog! My sewing project is put on hold for the moment. Hope to finish what I started yesterday!