Monday, June 13, 2011

Holiday In the Cayman Islands

Today is a holiday here in the Cayman Islands.  We are celebrating Queen Elizabeth's birthday that is actually earlier in the year.  And Friday was the last day of school with yesterday celebrating Graduation.  Today, I don't know what to do with myself :o)  I was over in my office for a little bit, but am just relaxing now!!  Dennis and I are going out to lunch for a salad.  Then for dinner we are having our good friend, Amit, cook beef noodle stir~fry Indian style for the staff that is still here on the compound.  I love that food and can't wait to indulge with his super HOT sauce that he makes.  So, this is a wonderful laid back day.  Tomorrow I have plans with a lot of different things I want to do during my summer break.  We will be in the States for almost 3 weeks in July, so I have to get done what I have on my list fast.  We are getting company to do our Vacation Bible School at the beginning of July, so that means more pressure to get the work done! haha!  Anyway, Happy Birthday, Queen Elizabeth!!
Also, I was just reading on the Internet that 30 years ago today, the Queen was nearly assasinated.  What a way to celebrate your birthday!
I hope you all have a great day!

2 comments:

Vi said...

Happy Birthday, Queen Elizabeth! She's a pretty lady.

Dorcas said...

Vi.....
Yes, she is and very classy!!