Saturday, June 4, 2011

My Trip Down Memory Lane to Philadelphia

On Monday morning, Jim, Cheryl and I got up early.  I needed to make a trip to Walmart to load up on some things to bring back home and so we did that ~ mission accomplished :o)  While we were in Walmart, my nephew Michael called and asked to talk to me.  He said that he had the day off on Tuesday and wanted to know what I wanted to do.  He suggested we could take a day trip to Baltimore or Philadelphia or even New York City by way of train.  We had just been to Baltimore with he and Jim & Cheryl when we went home after Christmas, so I said let's do one of the other two.  We decided to go to Philadelphia.  I talked to Vi and told her I wanted her to go along with us, so she took part of the day off.  And my sister, Charlotte, had come to PA from Wisconsin.  So, we started our day by having breakfast where Vi works and then headed toward Philly!!  What a fun day we had.  Let me tell you there were many, many laughs throughout the day!
~     ~     ~     ~     ~
Here's a picture toward the front of the van
 Hey, I think I know these people walking ahead of me.  They really look familiar!
 Our first stop was here at the National Constitution Center. 
Unfortunately, Mike took the picture so he wasn't in it :o(
 I should have had him use the timer on my camera then he would've been in it!
 All of these men were part of the signing of the Constitution.  It was very impressing!
 Some wannabe's in this picture and the one above :o))
 They had a BIG book laying on the table for the public to sign as if we signed the Declaration of Independence.


 Do you see the little brass circles on the floor in front of each man?  These had their names and a little history about each person.

 Char reading something very interesting
 Another view of the National Constitution Center

4 comments:

Vi said...

A lot of intelligent people signing the Declaration! We should be getting our govt check soon, LOL!

Dorcas said...

Vi.....
Haha!! Let me know when my check comes in your mailbox. I'll give you my account number so you can deposit for me!!

Jeanne said...

Now this is interesting!!!
Joe and Eric, Scott, Hannah, Joseph,were all in Phila. two days before...wouldn't that have been something if you would have run into them?

Dorcas said...

Jeanne.....
Yes, I probably would have had heart failure if I'd saw them somewhere there:o)