Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter

Here it is the afternoon of Easter already!!  So many things have been going on and I haven't got to put a post on here about Holy Week and this special day.  On Wednesday, we started what they call Easter Convention and it ends with tonight's service.  Dennis spoke this year and it was very good!  On Good Friday, we had a service which started at noon and when that was over there was a delicious catered meal. This usually brings in a lot of people and this year was no different!  Everything was very delicious.  On Saturday they usually have no services, so I got caught up on cleaning since we'll be leaving the Island tomorrow.  Then this morning, I had the opportunity to take the time to decide which new hat I would be wearing to our morning Easter service.  I have a total of four beautiful hats now!  My collection is growing and I'm hoping to maybe purchase another one or two while in the States.  So, I had to figure out how to fix my hair to make the hat fit :o)  Then I went to my closet and pulled out a beautiful new two piece suit!!  I hadn't been able to wear it, but since losing weight I could put it on with no problem.  (Pictures of that later)  I had a lot of compliments today.  The Premier's wife said, "You look like you may be going to the Prince's wedding on Friday!"  I told her that I'd crawl in her suitcase as they received an invitation and will be going.  (The closet I'll get is to hopefully watching it on TV with some of my family!)  Two other ladies said that I looked like I was from England!  I love going to Church on Easter Sunday here, because the people are so kind to compliment you!  I only wear a hat on special days like today and Mother's Day ~ not much more than that.  And tonight, we end our Easter Convention Services.  On Friday, I pulled out our suitcases and began to pack mine!  I'm very anxious to go spend time with our son's, daughter-in-law, grand-babies, and my siblings!!  It is going to be a great time.  Hopefully when I return I'll have a new cord for my laptop and will be able to catch up on pictures.  I'm sure I'll have lots to share with you!  So, until then stay safe!!

No comments: