Saturday, April 23, 2011

Six Years Ago Today

Where is time going?  I just cannot believe that it is six years ago today that my Daddy passed away!!  It just does not seem possible!!  In some ways, I wish I could turn time back several years to when he was here and in good health, but of course, that is not possible.  My sister Vi and I were just talking the other day about that morning Daddy left us for his new Home!  It was about 5:30 in the morning and I said to Vi and my brother Jim who were at the nursing home with me that the birds outside were singing!  How appropriate that was because Daddy was a lover of all animals and here they were outside his window chirping and singing.  I miss my Daddy so much, but his body wore out and today he is in Heaven with a new body and is not suffering from Alzheimer's anymore either!!  He's got a new mind, too!!  The last few years of his life he never one time forgot who I was when I'd go to visit him.  I am proud to tell the world that I was his little girl :o)  What a great Dad he was and though the parting was so hard it's wonderful to know he's rejoicing up in Heaven with the King of Kings and is with my Mother, oldest sister and nephew and a host of other family and friends.  Daddy, I plan to see you one day!  I don't know when but I will be there!!  Keep watching for me.  Tell Mom, Thelma & Matt that I said hello and I love you all sooooo much!!

Your Little Girl,
Dorcas

P.S.  I feel bad that I can't get a picture on here of him, but hopefully I'll be able to before too awful long!!

4 comments:

Vi said...

It doesn't seem like 6 yrs. I MISS HIM!

Dorcas said...

Vi.....
Me, too!

Jimm said...

We all miss him greatly.
Miss you,Pop. Love you, too.

Dorcas said...

Jimm.....
Just hard to believe he's gone six years already!!
Love you & see you soon!!