Monday, April 18, 2011

My Third Trip to the Bottom of the Caribbean Sea in a Submarine

If you follow my blog, you'll know that it's been silent for too long!!  It's not that I wanted it that way, but I am having computer problems again :o(  I was able to download my most recent pictures on our desktop and can now proceed with blogging!  YIPPEE!!
~     ~     ~     ~     ~
On my last post I had a few pictures of new friends from my home area in Pennsylvania that go to my sister's Church and were visiting here in Grand Cayman.  We met them for the second time last Thursday here at the Atlantis Submarine location in George Town.  Being that we're residents here we can pay to go down in the Submarine and get a discounted price.  Our plan was to pay (with our friends money) for the four of them to do this speculator tour.  But that couldn't be done because we weren't going with them!  When the saleslady told us this Dennis asked if I could go and if that would apply to which the answer was yes.  Our new friends were so excited that I would go with them.  It wasn't our intention as I was planning to go back to the office to work not go down under the  Sea!  While we were waiting for these friends to arrive Dennis & I went out back and sat down to watch the Sea.
Nearly looks like a postcard
One of the Pirate ships
Getting closer to the dock
Here's Dixie, Becky, Phil & Tom on the boat going out to meet the Sub
The water was unbelievably blue & beautiful
Phil & Becky . . . . . .
and Dixie & Tom going down to the bottom of the Sea
There's lots of pictures and I don't remember near what they all were
Our narrator showing us that at this point we were 108 feet down under


There's some beautiful coral down there



A big barracuda and I saw several smaller ones




If you click on this picture you should be able to see the Sea Turtle



Not sure what this cable was for


When we surfaced, the boat was full of people waiting to board the Submarine.
Phil & Becky
Dixie
The Submarine getting ready to . . . . . .
go down . . . . . . 
down . . . . . 
down . . . . .
down . . . . . 
Dixie still taking pictures
Becky & Phil again
Another picturesque view of a cruise ship
A view from the side of the boat out toward my house
Tom, Phil & Becky enjoying the boat ride
We got back soon after the Pirate Ship docked!!
After we got back and Dennis came, Dixie and Tom went souvenir shopping.  Phil wanted to go to lunch with us, so they decided to go to Wendy's.  We had a wonderful time with them!!  We made some new friends and hope to keep in touch with them.  In fact, I'm looking forward to having breakfast with them in about two weeks when I visit my home area!!

4 comments:

Vi said...

Great pics! MEMORIES! You're getting pretty professional with the underwater shots. Wish I was there right now. Can't wait to see you.

Dorcas said...

Vi.....
Thanks! I wasn't too sure how my new camera would do with the underwater pictures, but I think they turned out great, too!! And I can't wait to see you!! It won't be long now :o) Love you!!

Jeanne said...

Oh Wow! Wow! Wow!...what an experience...
That would be a thriller...

Dorcas said...

Jeanne.....
Oh, there's nothing like it!! Every trip is so different because you never know what you'll see. This trip was so neat because I went with our new friends! Are you guys back home from your trip? We need to talk on Skype again sometime!! Love you!!