Friday, April 1, 2011

Happy Birthday Mom

Dear Mom,
Happy Birthday!!
I've thought of you soooooooooooooooo many times today!!  It just seems like I should be able to sit down and share a piece of birthday cake or pie while we chat.  And I still think I ought to be able to call you on the phone, but it hurts my heart because I can't do any of those things anymore.  I know you're enjoying your birthday now more than ever.  While my there is such a void in my life with you gone I wouldn't wish you back here to suffer with the aches and pains you had!!  I've said it so many times and it's still so true, I'm glad for all the memories I have.  And I'm so thankful that the last 4 1/2 years of your life I was able to have you live with us so that we could help you when you needed it most!!  I wish that you'd be able to see your Grandchildren, Great~Grandchildren and Great~Great~Grandchildren.  You'd love them so much!!  My boys have wonderful memories of you, too!!  I just love this picture of you reading to them.  To think that you actually laid down on the floor with them.  How neat was that?
 And you were such a hard working lady over the years!  You always did what you could for your family whether it was cooking, cleaning, canning/freezing food for the winter months, sewing or what ever it was.  I'm so glad I had a good example to teach me the things that I needed to help me through life.
Thanks Mom for all you did to help all of us!!  You were the best Mother I could have had.  Again, I miss you and love you so much.  Even though you aren't here on earth with me you'll always live on in my heart!!
Love you,
Dorcas

4 comments:

Jimm said...

We all appreciate the values that she and "Pop" taught us. Miss you Mom. Love you more. And TK, too.

Dorcas said...

Jimm.....
Amen to that!!

Vi said...

Seems like yesterday they lived in that house & it's not even there now. We couldn't have ever asked for a better family! OUR PARENTS WERE THE VERY BEST! I miss them very much!!! Love the picture of Mom, Dad & Thelma!

Dorcas said...

Vi.....
Yes, they were the best!! And I've loved going through some of my old pictures. I haven't come across all of them yet!!