Sunday, May 8, 2011

Back In Grand Cayman and Mother's Day

We are back home in Cayman!  Wow ~ what a whirlwind of a trip.  Talk about traveling a lot and flying from one destination to another :o)  But we have no other choice and with the amount of time we're in the States that's what we have to do.  I had such a wonderful great time with our/my family.  Made lots of memories, sat around reminiscing, laughed, cried, took off for a day trip to Philly, spent time moving Brandon, had a lot of fun with Brett and his family and lots more.  We've got my laptop up and going, but now for some reason I can't download some of my pictures from the trip.  I will continue to work on that problem, because as someone said "Dorcas has some doozie's of pictures!"  I just want to share them with the world :o)  So, be sure to stop back soon!!
~     ~     ~     ~     ~
Well, today is Mother's Day!  I hate that I won't be with either or both of my boys, but I'm so glad I got to spend a lot of time with them while in the States.  They are grown now and my love for them has also grown for them over the years.  God blessed me with some of the best!! 
It's a day of mixed emotions for Dennis and I both.  It's a sad day because this year neither of our sweet Mother's are here.  Oh, how I miss my Momma!!  I love this picture of her as this is one of the things in life that made her happy :o)  She loved to eat her sweets which she was very limited to because of her diabetes and when she did she really enjoyed it.  I miss you, Mom!!
And my Mother~in~law, Alice.  There's a hole in our hearts for her,too!  She left her earthly body on October 18th after much suffering from a very, very bad accident several years ago.  This Mother's Day will be very hard for Dennis and his sister not having their Mother here.  She was one sweet lady who is dearly missed!! 
Then there's our daughter~in~law Karissa!  We can't be with you today but we wish you a wonderful Mother's Day with your little family.  So sorry that Brett has to work today but like I said last evening he will make it up to you on his first day he has off!!  Celebrate with the boys :o)  We love you!!
To my two sister's, Vi & Charlotte, sister~in~law, Cheryl, nieces Teresa, Michelle & Katressa, niece~in~law Lisa, sister~in~law Cindy and all my friends who read this and are Mother's, I wish you all a very Happy Mother's Day!!  Love to you all!!

2 comments:

Vi said...

THANKS for your post.Sure do miss our Mother! Hope you had a great Mother's Day! You don't have to be in a real big hurry to post pics. Can't imagine what you snapped when we weren't looking!

Dorcas said...

Vi.....
I did have a nice Mother's Day, but it would have been better to be with my boys!! But at least I just saw them and they called me!! Oh, and for the pictures that will be coming here soon ~ I do have some good ones!!