Thursday, December 27, 2012

Our Visit to Albuquerque On Christmas

Yes, you read right!  We were privileged to go to Albuquerque on Christmas Day ~ by way of Skype!  We hadn't been home from Church very long before our Vonage phone rang.  It was Brett asking us if we wanted to get on Skype so we could watch the boys open Jordan's big gift from us.  Of course, we said yes!!  But first, the boys had to tell us what all they had got for Christmas.  It looks like Caden was pretty excited about something :o)
The pictures aren't the best as they were taken on our desktop computer screen, but that's fine.  Here are two happy boys standing in front of the big present!
Tearing the wrapping paper off!

Here they are sitting in the new wagon!  I didn't get a picture after Brett finished putting it together, but it even has a roof on it to protect them from the sun.  They love to go to the zoo and other places that requires a lot of walking for little boys who get tired out :o)  The wagon has two seats which are padded, cup holders and a nice bag that snaps on the back of the wagon to put snacks, toys, etc. in when they go away.  I think it is so cute and am sure they will get a lot of use out of it when it warms up!!
Caden telling us something us rather important!
Here he was serenading us with his new guitar!  They also got electronic drums :o)
 Brett told us that when he got up Christmas morning and went downstairs around 6:45, Caden was sitting down in the livingroom playing on his iPad patiently waiting :o)  Jordan didn't get up until around 8:30.  He waited a long time for a little boy who was anxious to open presents.  It was great to share in their excitement!  We talked to Brandon soon after being on Skype with Brett's family.  I feel so bad as he is up in Cleveland not near any family.  He was fine with it though!  He, too, is doing good.  After that phone call I went back to the kitchen to finish getting our dinner ready.  Between us we had invited around 10 people over for Christmas dinner.  We weren't sure who all or how many would show up!  We ended up with five guests and a friend who had to work stopped by later in the evening and I gave her three plates of food.  Plus I sent two plates of food for an elderly lady to be delivered by one of our guests.  We had a very good day reaching out to others who don't have family here on the Island.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you said elderly ladies, cuz I didn't get my dish yet...HK

Vi said...

Isn't hi-tech wonderful. Almost like being there except you didn't get a wagon ride, grammy!

Dorcas said...

Harold.....
You come down and I'll cook for you! How's that?

Dorcas said...

Vi.....
Yes, the technology of today is amazing!! And I don't know what the weight limit is on the wagon, but with all I've eaten lately the wagon would be draggin' if I got in that baby :o)

Jeanne said...

Isn't Skype nice!
We got to enjoy the boys opening their gifts also this year..
It made our day...

Dorcas said...

Jeanne.....
I don't know what we'd do if we didn't have Skype. I love it!!!

Anonymous said...

You would probably meet me at Burger King since they don't have McDonalds...LOL! HK

Dorcas said...

Harold.....
No, I'd cook (unless you'd want Burger King :o)