Saturday, December 29, 2012

Baking + Company = FUN

We had invited some good friends over last evening, so I thought I better get busy in the kitchen :o)  I had seen a recipe for Turtle Cookies on a friend's blog along with another one for Microwave Peanut Butter Fudge.  I decided I needed to get busy and make something for snacks and whipped up these two recipes along with some others.  I forgot to take a picture of the fudge :o(  Just let me say that the cookies are the best after they come out of the oven and the carmel is still soft and warm!  YUM, YUM, YUM!
Then our guests arrived!  At first it was just Karen (on the right), Steve and Celia on the left because Karen's husband was doing some chauffeuring.  The five of us played "Catch Phrase" which I won.  It's a really fun game!!  Then Karen's husband, Edmond, came . . . . .
and we brought out the Dominoes!  That is a big thing all across the Caribbean.  They even have tournaments and will go to other countries in the Caribbean here to play in them!  The way they play is so different from us in the States.  Dennis and I just sat and observed!  I've watched games before here and they slam the Dominoes down HARD on the table.  I asked them why they weren't doing that last night and Edmond said because they were respecting my house :o)  But before the evening was over and they were really getting into it and slamming them down on the table.  Dennis and I were cracking up!!
Remember I said that Edmond came late because he was doing some chauffeuring?  Well, when he came to the door and we heard his voice, Dennis and he disappeared for a couple of minutes.  When they came in I found out why!  He was driving this guys 2012 Jaguar!!  Before everyone left, he took Steve, Dennis and I a ride in it.  We got up the road from our house and he barely stepped on the gas and we were flying!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Oh, my goodness, what a car!!  Sorry for the blurriness but just had to share the pictures.  Everything under the hood is under cover.
Edmond and Dennis
We've known Edmond and Karen for going on probably 20 years or so from going to Youth Camp in PA.  They are so nice!  Celia is Karen's cousin.
Another shot of the Black Beauty
They wanted to take my picture :o)
Karen and I
Celia doesn't like her picture taken and when I convinced her to let me do so, her eyes were closed!
What a fun filled evening!!


5 comments:

Vi said...

When are you bringing the Jaguar to the states or do we have to go for a ride there? Cookies look yummy. One thing, you only have to go to the Turtle Farm for turtles!

Dorcas said...

Vi.....
Haha!! I'm not sure when we're bringing it. Maybe April?? Will have to check with the owner :o) Yep, got the turtles at a fairly reasonable price. NOT!! You go up there and they are priced through the roof. Since we're in Cayman they've made it that's the only place you can buy turtle meat, so they charge whatever they want!! SAD for the poorer people who still enjoy it.

Jeanne said...

Sure looks nice and warm there

Dorcas said...

Jeanne.....
It's in the 80's and beautiful. I'd like to go to the Sea before school starts again on January 7th. Come down and go with me?

Anonymous said...

The "Cat" looks GOOD...I'm talking about the Jaguar, Dorcas!....lol!