Sunday, December 16, 2012

Our Big Christmas Tree

This year Dennis and I just aren't in the Christmas spirit and I was so tempted not to even put up a tree or decorations.  That is very unusual for me being that this is my favorite time of the year!!  There are so many things going on and then we aren't going to be with any of our family over the holidays either.  Brandon was supposed to come down for Christmas, but one of his good friends is getting married on the 28th and he's in the wedding meaning he can't come :o(  Finally, last week I decided to go ahead and decorate even though Dennis didn't really want me to.  It now looks like Christmas here even though we may not feel like it.  On another note, we were talking to Caden and Jordan yesterday on the phone.  Dennis was telling them about the different ornaments that we have on our tree.  Well, living in the Caribbean you'll understand what he was meaning.  So, I told the boys I would take pictures and put them on my blog just for them.  If you look at them ~ enjoy!
The picture above was taken during the day while the two below were at night time.

I got this ornament last year, but is one of the most special on my tree!!!
 
 
A pink turtle!!  Isn't this cool?  My sister got it for me when she was here last year.
 
 
Caden, do you remember this?  Grammy got this when we went up the high mountain in Colorado this summer.

 
A shell
This ornament is really cool!  It's a nativity under a palm tree :o)
A parrott perched in my tree
 
Even a dolphin has made it's way on our tree.  There have been sightings recently here at Cayman of dolphins!
I got this ornament this summer, too, when we stopped at the U.S. Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
 
 
 
 And one of my dear siblings gave me this ornament for my birthday when they were here in March :o)
Pappy's old faithful diet coke!
 There you go Caden and Jordan.  Grammy will put more Christmas pictures on soon!!

8 comments:

Vi said...

Beautiful Christmas tree! Love the way it reflects on the tile. Glad to see all your "Caribbean" ornaments! Wish I was there.

Dorcas said...

Vi.....
Thanks for the nice comment! I wish you were here, too! I almost didn't put any decorations up this year even though Christmas is right around the corner!

Jeanne said...

What a neat Christmas tree..I love the ornaments too...

Anonymous said...

Very pretty Dorcas. Love the Cayman decorations.

HK

Anonymous said...

Is that your sandwich under the star?
HK

Dorcas said...

Jeanne.....
I think the ornaments are fun :o)

Dorcas said...

Harold.....
Thank you! Some of them are pretty unique!

Dorcas said...

Harold.....
Now you're starting to leave tooooo many comments on here, brother!! :o) And NO it is not the sandwich or is it????? For me to know and you to come and find out! haha!!