Sunday, December 16, 2012

A Visit to Ralph's Home

Later in the day after Pap passed away, Dennis, Brett, Caden, Jordan and I went to see a friend of the McCoy family.  Dennis' dad had worked on the railroad in Baltimore, Maryland for over 25 years with a gentleman by the name of Ralph.  I'll never forget one of the first times I met them soon after Dennis & I married.  His wife, Jenny, was blind and such a sweet lady.  After he retired, they moved back to West Virginia to a beautiful farm not too far from Dennis' parents home .  Dennis, his dad and both our boys frequently use to hunt on Ralph's farm at deer season.  I have no idea how many deer they killed there, but it was a lot.  Just last year, Dennis killed a nice buck there way up in a field and came back to the house to get me to go help him get it drag it to the van :o)  That was my first time to do that! haha!
Here the boys are ready to go visit Ralph to let him know that his good friend had passed away!  Notice their hats.  These are the one's Dennis got them in Colorado this summer on our little vacation with them.  They say "Grandpa's fishing buddy!"

To get to Ralph's house, you have to drive out a long, long gravel/dirt road that is really in bad condition.  Along the way, we saw this old run down building.  Not sure what it use to be.
Here's Ralph (with his cute little, yappy dog) and Dennis talking.  This summer Ralph fell in his house and broke his hip.  He has a hard time getting around now which is really sad.  I can't remember exactly, but I think he's almost 91 years old and up until he fell, he still worked around his farm!!
Jordan
 
Going out to the van
Ralph's home
Another view of his farm from the road.
 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would LOVE to live out somewhere like that. Dorcas, sometime outta curiosity you should ask Ralph what that old building was. HK

Dorcas said...

Harold.....
If and when we get the opportunity to move back to WV, you'll have to come visit us because it's way back in the country, too! Not sure if Ralph would know what the old building was or not as it was probably run down when he moved there. I'll have to ask Dennis about it!

Jeanne said...

LOVE the cabin picture...

Dorcas said...

Jeanne.....
I think we have the same taste :o)