Tuesday, July 10, 2012

What A Busy BUT Good Day!!

Our Monday was anything but boring, believe me!  We woke up early, went down to have our delicious complimentary breakfast here at the hotel and set off on a very busy day.  I started out by writing down the stores we were going to and forgot after the first one :o)  Other than lots and lots and more lots :o) we were in and out of so many stores.  I think maybe more than I've been in on Black Friday with my family, if that is possible!  Our first store was at Walmart and we bought several boxes there for shipping.  A few stores later, we made a large dent in Sam's Club as we stocked up on many, many items for our school cafeteria!  When we got here to Tampa we rented a really nice new mini van that the rear seats fold down into the floor.  Right now, you can't hardly get a piece of paper between the tops of the boxes and the ceiling of the van.  It is jammed!  When we get home and open everything it will seem like Christmas as we also got some items to be shipped.
~     ~     ~     ~     ~
Dennis outside of Sam's Club with a few of the items we were packing
It was sooooooooooooo blistering hot!!  Dennis' shirt was soaked from sweating so much!! 
Then soon after we left Kohl's, there was a major downpour and thunderstorm!!  If you click on the picture you can really see the rain!!  Yes, I said Kohl's!!  To you who live within a few miles of a Kohl's store or any other store for that fact ~ you are blessed!!!!!!  It was almost heavenly to shop there and on top of that if you spent $50.00 you got $10 back in credit. It was a very brief shopping spree but good!! 
And then the Heaven's opened and really rained so hard!  This is trying to look out the windshield.  At one point, people had their four~ways on a were just slowly creeping along as you could barely see where you were going!
This major intersection is only a few miles from where Brett and his family use to live!  In fact, we past their apartment complex today and I about cried as they aren't here anymore!
When we passed one of the huge malls I mentioned to Dennis that I thought that's where the Cheesecake Factory was at that Brett and Karissa had taken us to previously.  And that's exactly where we ended up for dinner.  We weren't to awfully hungry, so Dennis got a pulled pork barbeque sandwich and I got a wild mushroom cheeseburger.  They were both scrumptious!!  And then . . . . .
Dennis got Andy's Peanut Butter Cheesecake and . . . . .
I got Hershey's Chocolate Bar Cheesecake to go.
Dennis just ate his and said it was so good and sweet.  He said his sugar is probably going to go up to 7000!!  I'd say that was sweet :o)  I haven't taken even a bite of mine yet.  I just washed my hair and need to dry it before indulging in mine :o)  I may have to stay up all night to digest it!!  But I'm going to enjoy it as diet time in the city is coming soon after we go back to Cayman!!

2 comments:

Vi said...

Nice pics. GORGEOUS CHEESECAKE-no calories!!!!

Dorcas said...

Vi.....
Thanks!! And for the cheesecake ~ I had to take two different times to eat it. So rich but delish!!