Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Our Trip To Miami On Tuesday

Before going to bed on Tuesday night I knew that we had to get up really early, but this early?  I was sound asleep when the next thing I know Dennis was waking me up around 3:40 AM!!  This was like a nightmare :o)  I did not want to get up.  Finally, I crawled out of bed and got ready to start on our journey to Miami.  You can't tell it on here, but the time was only 4:28.   
I wanted to try my camera with the lights and this is how it turned out!
This was on the Skyway Sunshine Bridge
Soon after getting in the van I was freezing cold and couldn't get warm. I turned the A/C on my side up to 74 degrees so it wouldn't be so cold and even closed my vent. But after a while, Dennis said he couldn't turn his off or up to much because he was getting rather tired. I didn't have a blanket, jacket, sweater or even a pillow to curl up with! Eventually, I took my arms out of my top and curled up the best that I could. I was so cold I couldn't even sleep as tired as I was :o)  These pictures are how things were looking to me about this time ~ blurry!!
Finally, about 4 1/2 hours after leaving our hotel we made it to our destination to deliver our boxes to the shipper to be sent to Grand Cayman Island!
As you can see, it was raining!  Over half of our trip it was raining and nasty.  The orange you see in the picture is a guy on a towmotor with our load of boxes, etc. going into the warehouse where the rest of stuff was at.  While we unloaded, we were backed under a roof that kept us pretty well dry while unloading the van! 
Wow!!  Look at all of that empty space!!
The next three pictures were while we were driving through the Everglades.
When we were moving to Cayman and had to take all of our boxes to Cayman Airways in Miami, we came down this same Interstate.
All though we came this way before, there was another main road we were on previously where we saw many, many alligators laying alongside the highwasy, but sadly we didn't go that route today!  I did look my eyes about out for some but didn't see any :o)  I was very disappointed!!
I just loved . . . . .
these cloud formations!
On the way to Miami, it was very dark when we crossed the Skyway Sunshine Bridge, but on the way home it had stopped raining by the time we arrived here and I wanted to stop on the South Fishing Pier.
It is really, really long.  In fact, this was the original bridge that they opened for fishing!  A couple years ago, we were on the north pier with Brett, Karissa and Caden fishing.  Oh, what memories we have coming back to the Tampa area!!
There's the bridge
There are many, many pelicans around this area
He was flapping his wings
Another view of the bridge from the pier
Still flapping
Some were swimming under the pier
A close~up
Dennis checking everything out.  He even saw a jellyfish in the water!  I was hoping to see some dolphins, but none made an appearance :o(
Still posing
Then the second one flew in beside this guy
I think he was trying to go to sleep
A closer view of the bridge
St. Pete way across the Bay
Up . . . . .
up we go!!
Tropicana Field where the Tampa Ray's play.  I've wanted to go see the Ray's play here now for a while, but still hasn't worked out.  They're on the All~Star break right now.
A closer view!  We were going super, super slow here because of an accident, so I was able to get a really good picture!!
Water all around us ~ again!!
I think if you click on this picture that the Gandy Bridge is way over there!
Coming into Tampa
This is the County Brett has always lived in here
Does any of this look familiar, Brett?

As soon as we got back to the hotel, I came up to the room to get something for Dennis and he left right away to take our rental van back to the airport.  Then we both had a delicous, scrumptdillicious Philly cheesesteak from WestshorePizza.  Oh, was it ever good!!  Now, it's time to settle down and get ready for bed as our flight leaves Tampa tomorrow morning at 6:30 am.  That means another super early morning call from the Head Desk downstairs!!  I won't be blogging again until we get to Cincinnati either Friday or Saturday as Dennis' dad doesn't have internet access.  So until then.....tooodaaalooo!!!  Come back soon!!!!

4 comments:

Jimm said...

Dorcas, am so happy you made it back stateside and all is well. Hope your travels continue to be good.Tell Dennis Sr. hello. Safe travels. Love

Dorcas said...

Jimm.....
Thanks!! It's good to be back!! Glad for a break now and then:o) We're at Tampa airport right now and will be heading out soon to come North for a few weeks!!
Love you!!

Vi said...

More nice pics. I'll never forget when we were in Fla, I was diving at night, Bud was asleep, & we came to this bridge. I panicked!!! I thought it was an open draw bridge.

Dorcas said...

Vi.....
I thought about you when we were here. I remembered you telling that story :o)