Sunday, July 8, 2012

Delicious Curry Chicken and Rice Casserole

We've had company for almost a week and when I came across this recipe a few weeks ago, I knew I was going to make it for today's Sunday dinner.  It looks delicious and I can't wait to try it in just a little while!
~     ~     ~     ~     ~
Saute a chopped onion in a small amount of oil
Chop up broccoli
Cook some chicken; when cool cut~up
Add broccoli and chicken to onion
More ingredients needed
Mix salad dressing (mayo), curry and cream of mushroom soup
Cook the rice
Spray casserole dish with cooking spray and add the mixture 

RECIPE
1 cup rice
2 cups water
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup mayo or salad dressing
2 tablespoons curry
1 onion, chopped
2 cups chicken
2 cups fresh broccoli
grated cheddar cheese
~     ~     ~     ~     ~
1.  Cook rice in 2 cups water according to directions on box
(I used the Original Minute Rice)
2.  Saute onion in oil
3.  Add broccoli and chicken to onion in pan
4.  In a bowl combine soup, mayo and curry; stir
5.  Add soup mixture to broccoli/chicken mixture and mix well.
6.  Spray casserole dish with cooking spray and put mixture in the dish.
7.  Cover with grated cheddar cheese
8.  Bake at 350 degrees for 35 ~ 40 minutes, covered or until heated through.  Take the lid off casserole dish the last 10 minutes.
~     ~     ~     ~     ~
The original recipe says it serves 4 ~ 6 people.  But I can't see how unless they eat very, very small portions.  So, I doubled the recipe and will be feeding 6 people.  I'm hoping not to have any leftovers :o)  Also, Dennis isn't a fan of curry, so I only added about 1 tablespoon to the doubled portion.  Hopefully, it will still have a taste of the curry.

2 comments:

Vi said...

Could I make this without the broccoli? Since I'm not allowed to eat it? Looks really good!

Dorcas said...

Vi.....
I don't know why not! I've seen other recipes without it and they were similar. Next time I'm going to add a little more curry! It was really, really good and everyone enjoyed it. That's going in my cookbook :o)