Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Another Scrumptious Dessert

Sugar~Free/Low Sugar Strawberry Pie Dessert
~     ~     ~     ~     ~
It's super easy and has just a few ingredients!
Sugar~Free Strawberry Jello
Strawberries
Cream cheese and Equal
A graham cracker or baked pie crust
Cream cheese, Equal and cool whip
Sliced strawberries in thickened jello
Pour in pie crust

RECIPE
Use either a Graham Cracker Crust or a baked pie crust

Strawberry Jello
1 qt. strawberries, hulled and washed, sliced

First, make the strawberry Jello using 1 cup boiling water.  Add 1 cup of ice cubes to cool it faster.  I set mine in the freezer for a few minutes to get it even thicker, but not totally set!  Gently stir in sliced strawberries; set aside.

FIRST LAYER
3/4 tub of Cool Whip
8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
8 pks of Equal
(the original recipe calls for 10 pks of Sweet & Low, but we don't have that.  I used only 8 pks of Equal because 10 seemed like way too much and it is plenty sweet as I tried that batter!)
Mix all three ingredients together until real creamy and smooth.  Spread in the bottom of pie crust.

SECOND LAYER
Carefully pour Jello with strawberries over the cream cheese mixture.

This is the first time I made this recipe!  There is way too much jello/strawberry mixture and will not fit in a regular size graham cracker crust.  Next time I make this I will probably bake a regular pie crust in a larger/deeper pie dish.  The left over cool whip will be placed on top of each slice when I serve it to my company!
~     ~     ~     ~     ~
I'll let you know how it tastes!!  I can't wait to try it!!
~      ~     ~     ~     ~
It was yummy!!

4 comments:

Vi said...

Bet you can't eat just one slice!!!! Looks yummy as I sit here eating a salad!!!!!!!!!

Jeanne said...

Looks delicious!

Dorcas said...

Vi.....
And I bet you are 100% right!! We had company after VBS tonight, but there was one large piece left that I cut in half for us tomorrow o:)) It was yummy and simple to make. I like that kind! haha!!

Dorcas said...

Jeanne.....
It was!! You should try it!!