Monday, October 4, 2010

Two Of My Favorite Persons That I Miss

On October 1st it was four years ago that my dear sweet Mother went to Heaven and oh how I still miss her.  So often I think of her and would just love to talk to her or ask her something, but I can't do that any longer.  What sweet memories I have of her!  I miss her so much but I know she's enjoying being where she is right now and even though I miss her, I wouldn't wish her back.
Mama,
I love you!!
Your Daughter,
Dorcas
Then there's Brett!  Boy, do I miss him and think of him a lot!!  He has arrived in Afghanistan and went to work on Sunday.  It is very, very scary what he is doing over there.  I've talked to Karissa and she is able to talk to Brett everyday when he gets back from a mission.  Please, please continue to pray for him when God brings him to your mind.  I've put him in God's hands, but I'm human and am so concerned for his safety!!  I love the picture of Mom and Brett.

6 comments:

Jeanne said...

that was nice.
you sure can tell that you loved your mom...
I like that pic too..

Dorcas said...

Jeanne.....
I sure did and really miss her. As for the picture, I think that may have been Brett's first trip home when he got out of Basic Training. I can't remember for sure.

Anonymous said...

I thought a lot about Mom on the 4th. I will always miss her as long as I'm living. Dorcas, I put beautiful fresh Fall mums on all the graves when I was in PA. But all that still makes me sad. Thanks for putting this on your blog.
Miss you, love you, Mom.

Charlotte

Dorcas said...

Charlotte.....
I'm glad you were able to visit Mom, Dad & Thelma's graves while you were out in PA. That's something I miss not being able to do!! Thanks for putting fresh mums there. They all loved flowers!

Vi said...

I can't believe it's been 4 years! I miss all our family so much. Thanks for all the wonderful memories!!!! Miss you Mom, Dad, Thelma & Matthew!

Dorcas said...

Vi.....
I know!! It just doesn't seem right with them being gone ~ like they all should still be with us!!