Sunday, October 10, 2010

Friday Night, October 1st

I always try to make it a good habit to have my cleaning finished before any company arrives and I did this time, too!  BUT someone saw to it that I mop the kitchen floor again just a few hours after her arrival :o)  Just kidding Vi!  She has a lot of problems with leg cramps at night, so her doctor recommended she drink just plain Tonic Water before going to bed.  So, we made a stop at the store to get a bottle of it for her as I forgot to pick one up before they came.  When we got home and she was getting ready to do her nightly ritual, she picked up the bottle, twisted the cap and it shot all over the kitchen!!  She yelled as she ran to the sink, but going to the sink didn't help as it was spraying all over the counter, down the front of the cabinets and across the floor.  Oh, what a major mess it was.  For the the onlookers, we were laughing so hard!  That stuff is sugar based and was sooooo sticky.  I ended up telling Vi to stay put on the little rug in front of my sink while I got a bucket of very hot sudsy water and mopped the floor.  Then she put very hot water in the sink with lots of soap it was to wipe off the counters and front of the cabinets.  Mike grabbed the cameras setting around and snapped away.  Fortunately, my camera was one that he got the pictures on :o)  It was really funny!!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vi on the floor again. I have a similar picture of her on the floor in Ohio. Some things never change.

Charlotte

Dorcas said...

Charlotte.....
Never truer words spoken ~ "Some things never change!" It was so funny when this happened :o)

Vi said...

SORRY, Dorcas. Seems I have a drinking problem, LOL!

Dorcas said...

Vi.....
Yes, it sure does seem that way :o) That's the second time you had a real disaster at my house! Please get off the bottle! haha!!