Saturday, May 29, 2010

Out With the Old and In With the New

No, I'm not talking about a New Year here. Yesterday as the afternoon went on Dennis asked me what time I was coming home from work and I said it would be probably 4 or 4:30 as I was trying to complete a project I had been working on. He asked me to try to be home by 4:00 as he wanted to take me somewhere and I obliged! When I finally got home, I asked him where we were going. You see, since we moved here to Grand Cayman, our bed has been rather uncomfortable to say the least!! It seemed the mattress that had been on the bed was very uncomfortable for my back. We decided to switch mattresses from one of our guest rooms. Well, it seemed the longer we slept on that mattress the springs were literally poking us and it was horrible!! Dennis had a Church Board meeting on Monday night and while business was being taken care of he mentioned the poor condition of our mattress. Of course, the good people that they are said they did NOT want us sleeping on something in that condition. They told Dennis to take me and pick out a new mattress and box spring. I had no idea of this until right before we left to go shopping. I was so happy and relieved to know that we'd be getting rid of the springs and all from the old one :o) So, we went to a referred furniture store and tried out the mattresses for comfort. This afternoon, the old set went out. . . . .
and the new set came in!! It seems to be very, very comfortable and hopefully we won't have any trouble getting used to it after the old one we had been sleeping on. The only problem is I think I may have to get a ladder so I can go to bed :o) It is so high being that this new mattress is super, super thick!! I also got a new set of sheets. Check out how high the mattress is in the second picture!!

I was told last evening that the old set was probably here from when the Mission House was built which was many, many years ago. Sweet Dreams, Everyone!!

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

love your bed..
love the quilt...

Dorcas said...

Jeanne.....
Thank you to both!! I love them, too. We're afraid of falling out of the bed :o) If we do we'll probably get hurt pretty bad on that ceramic tile floor. haha!!

Vi said...

Better put side rails on that beauty, being that you're afraid of heights! LOL!!! Love the quilt. Looks Pennsylvanis dutchy!

Dorcas said...

Vi.....
Glad your virus is gone and you are better along with your computer:o)
Well, since my fears of heights aren't quite as bad as they used to be, I think you're right about the bed rails! haha!! I sure don't want to fall out of that baby. It's a long way to the floor!
I love my quilt, too!! Even if it is "Dutchy". Just need to do a little more work in my bedroom as far as decorating goes. Hopefully this summer when I'm off work and at home I can try to get some of that accomplished!