Monday, May 17, 2010

Happy Discovery Day from Cayman Islands


"Discovery Day in the Cayman Islands commerates the discovery of the "Sister Islands" of Cayman Brac and Little Cayman by Christopher Columbus in 1503. The public holiday is celebrated on the third Monday in May." Wipikedia

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Yes, today is a public holiday here in Cayman!! Yeah, no school which means no work today well at least not in the office:o)) Yippee!! We plan to take a little trip around the Island after we have lunch in a little while with our friends, the Heath's, who will be leaving the Island later this afternoon. I'm trying to do some work around our home, so I can continue to check those items off my "to do" list.

2 comments:

Jimm said...

Dorcas, hope your "holiday" is good.
Relax a bit since you are off today!!
Hope you get your list completed with little effort! LOL Jimm & Cheryl

Dorcas said...

Jimm.....
:o) My plans for the work I had here in the house have sort of fallen by the wayside for now ~ other than cleaning my bathroom. I did manage to get that finished this morning and I cooked breakfast for a change. I have to work on compiling an email & address list for Youth Camp that will be here before I know it!! Maybe I can get to some of my other work completed after we come home from our little "trip"! Here you don't go far on a trip! haha!! But it's always pretty!!