Saturday, May 22, 2010

Finally ~ Mother's Day Pictures

Finally, I'm taking the time to put a few of the many pictures that were taken with my camera on Mother's Day morning at home and during Church. I hope you enjoy them!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Here I am with another of my new hats! I really like this one (too!).
My hat along with a beautiful card that was given to me by some very wonderful friends.

And this is what was inside my card ~ a $30.00 gift card for a store here. They are so thoughtful!!
Oops!! There's the new hat making another appearance :o)
This is just part of the congregation Mother's Day morning. I forget the total of people that were there but it was over 525, I believe!!
Some of our young people playing a song for the Mother's! They did a great job!!
Our Children's Choir performing
And there's my Pastor :o)
This dear sweet lady is 101 years young!! Dennis calls her "Sister 101"! Needless to say she received this beautiful bouquet of flowers for being the oldest Mother in attendance. In a few weeks I'm planning to do another post on here about her. She's going to perform in Church. You may remember that I had her birthday celebration on here several months ago. Her mind is so clear and sharp!! Amazing!!
This Mother received a fruit basket for having the youngest baby. He was only 2 weeks old and oh so tiny.
Here my friend, Miss Samms, is presenting me with a bouquet of fresh flowers for being the "Church Mom". I thought that was cute as I've never heard that before :o)
This bouquet was presented for something that I forget what it was. Sorry!!
The lady that is seated was presented the "Mother of the Year" award. Here she's surrounded by her family!
And here is my good friend Lorna. This was to be a surprise but somehow I think she surmised something was going on. She, too, was presented the "Mother of the Year" award. This lady does soooooo much for the Church and keeps going like the Energizer Bunny. She's amazing!! This was the first time the Church presented two of these special awards.
This was hilarious!! These three ladies did a skit about older women and the maladies they have. Did the congregation ever laugh!!
And these three did a great job on their song.
A picture of most of the Mother's on the platform singing near the end of the service "'Til the Storm Passes By'. They, too, did an awesome job!!
I love this picture of these elderly ladies! The one on the right in the purple reminds me so much of my Mother. She's a sweetie!!

Yes, I had a wonderful Mother's Day!! And the proof is in the pictures :o))

8 comments:

Vi said...

Love the 1st pic of the hat! Looks like you almost lost it in the pic hugging the lady! Do I need to bring one when I come down?

Dorcas said...

Vi.....
No, what happened is that I usually have to fix my hair different and my hair was falling down :o) I ended up going out of service and to the restroom to refix it. It was hilarious!! Glad it didn't go down all the way!! I think I would've died :o) So far I've only worn a hat on special days. A lot of the older ladies wear one every
Sunday ~ morning and night!!

Jimm said...

Vi, do you remember Ethel Waters?
Some similarities in Photo #1?
Love you all, Jimm

Dorcas said...

Jimm, Jimm, Jimm.....
Hey, wait a minute here!! You are too much, big bro!! I don't think there are any comparisons there :o) I love you, too!!

Jeanne said...

I love your hat !!!

Anonymous said...

I love the hat and the way you were wearing it in photo #1. It's very attractive.

Your Mother's Day service looked amazing. You guys had lots of nice ideas to acknowledge mothers. Wish I was there for that one!

Whose the gentleman in the grey shirt singing next to Doug? Don't think I met him.

Sister 101 looks absolutely thrilled!!

Charlotte

Dorcas said...

Jeanne.....
Thank you, girlfriend!!

Dorcas said...

Charlotte.....
Thanks for your commemt about my hat!! I love wearing them. I just have to figure out how to fix my hair so the hat stays on and the hair stays in place! ha!!

I didn't even post all the pictures of ladies getting acknowleged for different things. It was really neat all the ideas they had!

I think you met one of the teachers that works with Miss Blake whose name is Debbie. Do you remember her? Well, that is her middle son singing with Doug and Jerry. He is employed at one of the banks here.

Yes, Sister 101 was delighted. Who else would get the flowers for the oldest :o) She's got that down pat!! What a sweet and funny lady she is. Amazing for her age!!

It was a great, great day!!