Saturday, May 8, 2010

Happy Mother's Day To Some Very Special Ladies In My Life

Unfortunately, I will be seeing another Mother's Day without my Momma!! But, oh, the memories I have of her!! What a great lady she was and an wonderful example to me. She was awesome and I sure do miss her. No matter what, she'll always stick out in my mind as one of the greatest ladies who graced this earth. Mom, I hope you have a Happy Mother's Day in Heaven. I really miss you in so many, many ways!! I love you!!!!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
There are some very special and important ladies in my life who are Mother's. I'd like to wish them a very Happy Mother's Day on Sunday!
First, there's my daughter~in~law, Karissa. Thanks for being a good Mommy to our sweet Grandson and also a good wife to Brett. We love you!!
(I love this picture as it's just their little family :o) Next is my older sister, Vi (on the right). She's always been there for me! I love you, Vi!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Then there's my brother Jim's wife, Cheryl! I'm glad you're my sister~in~law.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
And last but not the least in this picture is my oldest picture Teresa who is Vi's daughter.
What a wonderful person she is. Just like her Mom ~ they'd do anything for you!!
I love you all and hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day!!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I have another niece, Michelle, who I don't have any pictures downloaded on here of her, but she has three children. Happy Mother's Day Michelle!
Next is my sister Charlotte who is also very, very special to me!! I know you're Mother's Day is going to be very low key with all you've been through the last several days. I hope you're feeling much better real soon! Wish I could've come up to care for you but my thoughts are with you. I really miss you since you came to visit me in March!! I had the best time with you and we had lots of laughs :o) Come again soon! You can come down here to recover!! That sounds like a plan to me! Anyway, make the best of your day on Sunday. I love you much and will be talking to you soon!!
Then there's my wonderful friend Theresa!! This lady is a true friend ~ one who stands with you through thick and thin. She was there when my Daddy was very, very low and took some of family back and forth to the nursing home when I didn't want to leave his side! She was with me when nobody else was there when my Momma had to go to Hospice. I still can see you moistening Mom's lips when they were so dry! You were there for me!! When both my parents passed on to Heaven you were there and afterwards, too. Then for 2 1/2 months you were right by my side when there were some major things going on in our lives recently!! Theresa, I appreciate you and wish you a Happy Mother's Day. I know you probably won't be seeing Justin on Sunday, but I want you to know what an awesome job you've done being a single Mom! Life doesn't always deal us things the way we think it should, but you've done your best and it shows!! I love you, friend and again, Happy Mother's Day!
(P.S. And this lady is awesome at packing in case you're thinking of moving:o)
Then there's my Mother~in~law! This lady has been through so much in her life!! It hasn't always been a bed of roses for her, but she is a trooper let me tell you. Now she is suffering from Alzheimer's disease. She is failing, but surprisingly when we saw her last she was pretty good considering everything. She is another one who would do anything for you and give you anything she possibly could! Alice, I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day! I love you!!
(This picture was taken at their 50th anniversary party about 1 year before her traumtic accident that almost took her life!)


I have some more very close friends who I don't have pictures downloaded of on here. To Jeanne, Linda, Martha and Ruth ~ Happy Mother's Day!! Love you all, also!!

Happy Mother's Day to my sister~in~law and niece in Indiana, too!

8 comments:

Vi said...

You just about mentioned them all. THANKS! HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to you too!

Dorcas said...

Vi.....
Love you & have a good day!!

Anonymous said...

Dorcas, You are an awesome friend and mother! No matter the time of day or night, I know you are there for me. I miss you so much and I don't like the time difference either...so many mornings I want to call you on my way to work. Just know my friend, you are very special to me!

Dorcas said...

Theresa,
I don't like the time difference either, because there have been times when I wanted to call you likewise but you were probaby already at work. Love you!!

Jeanne said...

....and Happy Mother's Day to you too....hope you had a great one, just like we did...
Love you

Dorcas said...

Jeanne.....
I had a wonderful Mother's Day but missed my boys really bad!! The first one away from both of them. That was hard but was very busy which helped. I have a ton of pictures to put on here. It's just finding the time!! Love you, too!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for thinking of me on Mother's Day.

Love, Charlotte

Dorcas said...

Charlotte.....
I'd have it no other way! I love you!!