Monday, March 22, 2010

What A Way To Start Your Vacation

You may want to read my post titled "My Company Is Coming In A Few Hours" about where I said Charlotte might jump into the Sea instead of the bathtub. I did NOT literally mean that. I got up and went to work this morning & she was still resting. A short time later her & Richard walked into my office. I kind of thought she was walking a little funny! The school principal was standing near my office doorway and I heard him say to them, "Is it raining out there?" And they answered no. Charlotte was all wet BUT Richard was totally dry :o) They had decided to walk down our road to the dock. I had told them it's one of the best places to go on the Island to see the beautiful water. Well, no it was not raining at that point of the day. As they were walking along the beach and the sand apparently shifted under Char's feet while she was wading in the water and down she went right in the Sea. When they told me that I burst out laughing all the while apologizing for the outburst :o) Somehow she bruised her hand! But the worst thing about it is that she had her camera when she went in the water and it is now history. I said they could use mine the rest of the time they are here as long as she stays away from the water! She also had her cell phone but it appears to be okay! I'm sorry, but if you would've seen her you'd still be laughing, too. When she came into the school she still had sand all over her feet! What some people won't do. We told her tonight that someone probably got her on video and now she's all over You Tube! haha!! I think I'd pay to see that. Dennis stayed in the office for me today after lunch, so I could spend sometime with Charlotte & Richard. That was so kind of him. AND he's doing it again tomorrow!! Thanks Dennis!! We drove around quite a bit of the Island today. I don't care how often you see it ~ it's always beautiful and breathtaking at some places. Well, I must go as everyone else is in bed and I myself must get there, so I can work in the morning. Oh, yes! Char told me before she went to bed that I need to wake her up as one of our teachers told her this afternoon some of his students will catch some Iguana's before school starts tomorrow for her to see. That should be exciting!! I'll try to capture some pictures of the action on my loaned out camera :o) We're having fun, fun, fun!!

6 comments:

Jeanne said...

that made for a "good" memory...lol

kmargo said...

Sounds like fun!! So glad came down to see you guys!! Enjoy!

Vi said...

Charlotte knows how to get a new camera. LOL!!! I'm glad she's ok! I'm sure that was a site to see ! Sounds like you're havin' a blast. Stay safe.

Dorcas said...

Vi.....
Some people will do anything to get on the noon & evening news :o) Yes, we're having fun & wish you were here to party with us!!

Nettie's Nook said...

Just like your Mother....always has to fall in the water. Mom would sure get a BIG laugh out of that. Glad your ok Char. Harold

Dorcas said...

Thanks,bro. Seems like everyone I've talked to on the island knows about it!! Oh well, guess it did look pretty funny.

Charlotte