Monday, March 29, 2010

What A Happy Birthday It Was

Wow! What an awesome birthday I had today!! It started out by Dennis waking me up at 5:48 am to wish me a Happy Birthday! Yes, I fell right back to sleep:o) (He did, too!!) I went off to work and what a busy day it was. When I arrived in my office this morning, there were several cards stacked up on my desk. As I was working away and trying to keep up with all that was happening, I actually forgot it was my birthday until I heard the outside door open. I looked up and a florist was coming in with a beautiful bouquet of flowers. When she brought it to the counter I quickly remembered it was MY birthday as my name was on it! There are pretty smelling flowers, fruit and a Happy Birthday balloon. When I opened the card to see who it was from I was really touched. It was from one of my good friends and her husband. You may remember a few weeks ago on one of my posts when I wrote about going to the hospital with Dennis and he baptized a man by the name of Gideon. Well, he passed away just a few days ago and that was my friend, Josie's brother. Here she is being so thoughtful with the sorrow she is going through right now. That did something to me!! After school today, Dennis had to go to a Staff meeting, but when he came home we went out for a very special dinner to..... Here we are at Tim Buc Tuu with Dr. Alan Brown who happens to be speaking at our Church this week for our Easter Convention
Dennis stopped by the restaurant this morning and told our friend it was my birthday. He wanted Ahmid to make a special dinner for me. Did he ever?? How about Surf n Turf with mixed veggies and mashed potatoes with gravy!! He made it himself not one of his cooks. Talk about being wined and dined!
After he served us the main course, he brought a plate with two pieces of cheesecake ~ turtle and strawberry. I was kind and shared :o) Was it ever delicious!!
This little restaurant is down the road from our house. Ahmid is Indian and he has become our friend. He has been talking to Dennis about religious things and has promised to come to Church tomorrow evening for our special service!! He is a great guy!!! I thought it was cute when we got there for dinner. He walked up to me and said Happy Birthday and hugged me then kissed me on the cheek. He with Dennis planned a very special dinner for my special day!! One I won't forget.
Here's a picture of my flowers/fruit basket and balloon.
I'd like to thank everyone (and you know who you are) that called me sometime or the other today. Most of you I didn't even get to talk to which saddened me, but you were kind enough to leave me a message. I'll try to call you back soon, I promise. Also, thanks to those of you who emailed me birthday wishes. I greatly appreciate that, too!! Yes, I had a great day!! Thanks everyone!!

10 comments:

Vi said...

WOW! What a birthday! That dinner looks scrumptious, especially the dessert!

Dorcas said...

Vi.....
It was wonderful! Wish you could have been here to help me celebrate!

Anonymous said...

Don"t know if my last msg was sent or not, so....I'm jealous of your meal; it looked wonderful!!! I'm happy to know you are pampered even in another country! I love your smiling face even if it is another year older!!! Love ya my friend!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday....looks like you are getting treated really well there! I enjoy keeping up with you and all the pictures. Give our greetings to Dr. Brown!
Doug

Jeanne said...

Happy Birthday Dorcas..
what fun!!!
I kept thinking all day about you...

Dorcas said...

Ms. Anonymous.....
I was very pampered and enjoyed it so much even in my older years :o))

Dorcas said...

Doug.....
Yes, the people here are very, very kind! Thanks for letting me know that you still look at my blog. I feel sometimes that not many people are checking it anymore. And I will be sure to tell the Dr. you said hello!

Dorcas said...

Jeanne.....
You're so kind! Wish we could've spent the day together!! Maybe sometime!!

Anonymous said...

I must tell you also, that from what I can see of it in the background, YOUR HOUSE IS BEAUTIFUL!
Doug

Dorcas said...

Doug.....
Thank you!! We're really enjoying it here.