Friday, March 12, 2010

Hats.....Hats.....Hats










Quite a few of the ladies wear hats at our Church on Sunday's. In fact, there's a row of sweet older ladies that sit in the pew behind me that are known as the "Hat Ladies!" My dear husband has said several times lately in Church that he thinks that I would look good in a hat. Well, a few days ago while I was at school working an older lady from the Church called me to say that she and another lady wanted to take me to get a hat. Now this isn't just any 'ole hat ~ we're talking about going to a Hatterie and getting fitted professionally for a hat!! I thought I'd die!! So, the plans were made with her to go tomorrow (Saturday) for the fitting. A short time after that call Dennis had called me and I informed that there was going to be a murder, because I was after him for saying something about me needing a hat! Well, he's not home right now as he's over with the Youth tonight, but I just had a phone call from the lady saying she's been sick since yesterday. Now unfortunately for him and fortunately for me, I won't be going to the Hatterie tomorrow. She's insisting I get a nice hat or as she said "bonnet" for Easter Sunday. Just let me warn you to be careful what you say in jest, because someone's wishes may just come true :o)) I'm sure sooner or later I will be going to the speciality store to get my hat. There's going to be soooooo many choices! Do I want one with flowers or one with feather's or one with a wide brim or maybe even a little flat one that will sit on the top of my head like a saucer. Decisions, decisions, decisions! Maybe I should take Dennis along and help me to decide!! Do I want purple or red or white or black or what??? Make sure you keep checking back here to hear the rest of the "hat" story!! Maybe you'll even get the privilege of having a peek at the hat!!



6 comments:

Vi said...

Boy are you lucky, rather, Dennis is lucky. I'm disappointed tho. Thought sure there'd be a hat photo here, w/you under it!Can see you w/ the red one!

kmargo said...

I am very eager to see what you decide on!!! Maybe one with polka dots!! Can't wait for the pics!!

Dorcas said...

Vi.....
Like I said ~ Stay tuned :o)

Dorcas said...

Kari.....
Hey!! You NEVER know :o) hehehe!! Can't you just see me now? Hilarious!!

Jeanne said...

be sure and pose for a hat picture when you decide on one...
that is so cool..

Dorcas said...

Jeanne.....
Okay!! My sister Vi says the same thing :o)