Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Cayman's National Song

I just ran home to eat lunch. Usually we eat in the cafeteria but since Dennis won't be here to join me I decided to come home. While I was working this morning, I was going through the files looking for something. I came across the National Song and wanted to post it for you to read since I was hoping one day to do that. The melody of the song is soooooo beautiful!!
Beloved Isle Cayman
Verse 1
O, land of soft, fresh breezes, of verdant trees so fair
With the Creator's glory, reflected everywhere
O sea of palest emerald, merging to darkest blue
When e're my thoughts fly Godward, I always think of you.
Chorus
Dear verdant island, set in blue Caribbean Sea,
I'm coming, coming very soon, O beauteous isle to thee.
Although I wandered far, My heart enshrines thee yet
Homeland fair, Cayman Isle, I cannot thee forget.
Verse 2
Away from noise of cities, their fret and calling care
With moon beams soft caresses, unchecked by garish glare
Thy fruit with rarest juices, abundant rich and free
When sweet Church bells are chiming, my fond heart yearns for thee.
Verse 3
When tired of all excitement, and glam'rous worldly care
How sweet thy shores to reach, and find a welcome there
And when comes on the season, of "peace, goodwill to man"
'Tis then I love thee best of all, Beloved Isle Cayman.
The kids sing this almost every Wednesday in Chapel and it is beautiful!! I hope you enjoyed reading the words!!

4 comments:

Vi said...

The words match the beauty of the photo's you post. Can't wait to see them in person!

Dorcas said...

Vi.....
And I can't wait until you come!!! I'm anxiously waiting:o) Love you!!

kmargo said...

Those are beautiful words. I bet it is great to hear!

Dorcas said...

Kari.....
It's a very pretty song!