Thursday, March 18, 2010

What Cheap Health Care Costs



Dennis and I both had to go to the doctor for a physical today. After filling out so much paperwork, I went back to the nurse first. She was from Texas!! YEAH!! Someone from the States :o) Then I was sent back to the waiting room until the doctor called for me. He asked me a "very" few questions and took me to another room where I sat up on an exam table for him to listen to my lungs and my heart. Just possibly I saw him for a total of 2 minutes and not much more!! Then it was Dennis' turn. The nurse pricked his finger (for $25) to check his diabetes. Apparently it was high! No wonder as he hasn't had a day off in the two months that we've been here!! Then he was off to see the doctor which by the way was very nice and from the great city of New York. Our total bill there was only $175!!! Next, we were off to a Med Lab where we both had to have blood work to check for HIV and a chest X~ray. I had the chest X~ray first and had to have the second one done, because I didn't take a deep enough breath to inflate my lungs the lady told me. That's because today I'm experiencing quite a bit of pain in my chest from the arthritis acting up between my ribs and it was hard to take a deep breath. Boy, is that painful!! Here the X~ray tech is from Tennesse. Next, I had blood work done, but me, Dorcas, had veins in my arms that were playing hide and seek with the nurse :o) So, she ended up taking the blood from the top of my right hand. Of course, it didn't feel too good and at first I felt a hot flash searing through me, BUT I didn't get sick!! YEAH FOR ME!! Well, when we went to pay for the X~rays and blood work it was only $175 total (again :o) I don't you can go anywhere in the States and have a physical, chest X~ray and blood work done for $175 per person. Maybe the President needs to come to Cayman for some lessons on Health Care Costs!!! Our insurance hasn't gone through yet but they will more than likely reimburse the Church for these bills when it does go through!! Then after all the testing was finished we stopped at good 'ole KFC for lunch! It was really nice getting out of the office today for a change in the middle of the day. The first time in two months of working that's happened and I saw the outside world and all the wonderful tourists strolling around "our" beautiful country here in Cayman! Wow! Was George Town ever booming. Dennis said he heard there were six cruise ships in town today. We could only see three from our house while the other three were at South Sound which is about 2~3 miles on down the coast. What a sight to see!!

2 comments:

Vi said...

We'll gladly send Barack Osama & Nancy Pergosi your way!!!!!!!!!

Dorcas said...

Vi.....
ONLY to get some tips from the Caymanians on Health Care, Sister!! Only for Health Care tips!!