Saturday, February 6, 2010

A Beautiful Trip

Yesterday, after a very long afternoon in the office, Dennis came in the house when I got home and said, "Come on! I'm taking you away!" He wanted to surprise me when I asked where we were going. We drove and drove! Yes, you can drive for a little while here on the island :o) I didn't remember seeing any of the beautiful scenery before ~ at least not since we moved here. We had been on this road in November when we were here, but I didn't remember it. We weren't near the water but the area was still pretty in its own way! After driving for a little while, Dennis said he wasn't sure if we were going the right direction. He kept driving and said some things looked a little familiar to him. I said to keep going then as maybe he was on the right road after all. Finally, he told me where he was trying to take me. You see, at the beginning of last week he went with our friend, John, the former Pastor, to take a group of the school kids on a field trip to Pirate Caves (which has quite a history here). It wasn't too long after he told me that we arrived there and parked across the road. Right there was the Sea and there's a huge reef of coral way out from the shore that breaks the water. It is sooooooooooo pretty!! I was disappointed because by now it had clouded up and the water just wasn't showing up to see how colorful it really was since the sun was hidden :o( But it was still pretty. I hope we can drive up there again sometime soon!


If only the sun were shining!! This picture with the colorful water would have been beautiful!!
But we'll go there again sometime when the sun is shining brightly!!

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

what a beautiful island this must be...

Dorcas said...

Jeanne.....
What we've seen is really pretty!! Sometime when we have a little more time we'd like to take a trip around the whole island. That will be interesting!! We'd love to give you & Joe your own personal tour :o)

Jeanne said...

hey...it might happen sometime...never know...

Dorcas said...

Jeanne.....
That would be cool!!