Friday, January 22, 2010

Some Exciting Events Of The Day

Today was a good day but one that was very interrupted by various things. I did a lot of odd & end jobs around the house today. My kitchen is finished until we find a few more boxes that apparently were incorrectly labeled, the guest bathroom is cleaned for company that is coming this weekend all but mopping the floor and the master bedroom is finished for now :o) I sort of putting unpacking anymore boxes on hold until next week because of our company coming Saturday. A major thing we took care of today that was very important was getting our driver's license for Cayman Islands. Considering there were two of us getting this done the time went pretty fast actually! The guy waiting on us told us that we'd have to come back as the photographer wasn't in to take our pictures at the time. So, we headed home. After being home for a few short minutes it dawned on me that the guy at the License Bureau didn't give me my Ohio Drivers License and Passport back to me :o( So, a few minutes later we returned and got my Ohio License and Passport back! Thank you, Jesus!! (I covered my license number in the picture below in case some crazy person gets on here ::o) Anyway, here it is!! On the way home from the License Bureau the first time we made a stop at the Post Office as Dennis had some questions for them. A few pieces of mail were in the mailbox for Dennis.
One of the items were our Work Permit for here in Cayman
Then almost every Thursday evening the majority of the school staff and Pastor/wife go out to dinner. We felt honored to be invited to go along. It was scrumptious. We had been taken here when we were down in November.
So, on this beautiful January evening we decided to sit outside under the clear starry/moonlit sky and enjoy our dinner. Now while we were sitting there, I must confess I did think of my family/friends up North who have been telling me about the cold weather and about the snow and freezing rain they are to get! I feel really sorry for you all!! Today it was in the upper 80's, clear and sunny. Just beautiful!! While I did think of all of you up north it doesn't give me any hankerings to return to the cold, dreary, cloudy, overcast, depressing northland anytime soon!!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Some of the School Staff (with flash)
And without flash
They have a place by this restaurant where you can go surfing. I know this is blurry but that's how it really looked, too!
Really cool! Think the next time I go there I'll try surfing :o)))

Did I mention that it was really, really hot today here and that we ate dinner outside???? Just making sure all you northerners know how beautiful the weather has been!! Wonderful!!

8 comments:

jeanne said...

looks beautiful there...
Glad all is going well.
Keep blogging, it makes a nice journal...

Dorcas said...

Jeanne.....
I just told Dennis yesterday that I don't think I'll ever get tired of looking at the beautiful color sea!! I love it!! Yes, we're doing great. In time to come I'm sure I'll enjoy looking back at my blog!! I plan to blog as often as time permits. Sometimes I blog when I don't have time but want to keep you all informed of what's happening in our lives here!

Vi said...

You really have fries & sandwiches? Make sure someone has the camera on you when you go surfing!!!!! Keep the pics coming so we can be real jealous especially with the 80 degree days.LOL!!!!

Jimm said...

That first photo, CAYMAN drivers' license, I was watching a TV show,
America's Most Wanted-----LOL Bro

Dorcas said...

Vi.....
That restaurant is fabulous!! I love their faitas (not spelled correctly:o( ) And I'll have somebody there with the video cameras rolling!! You'll all need a good laugh and it will be free, too!

Dorcas said...

Jimm.....
Glad it wasn't Cayman's Most Wanted :o))) You, too, are funny, Big Bro!!

Anonymous said...

Shhh, Jimm. Don't let everyone know her secret location!

I like the mug on your DL, Dorcas, but did they put you on a stretch machine down there? I didn't think you were quite 6'5" last time I saw you! And, man, 1958--you're almost as old as me!!

Charlotte

Dorcas said...

Charlotte.....
Hehehehe!!! As for my license I saw the 6'5" thingy. Not sure what that's all about. And about 1958 it's not my fault :o)))