Saturday, January 9, 2010

Headed On My New Journey

Well, after a few of months of preparations for a major change in my life I'm now on the way!! I can't believe this is happening to me and that I'll be moving out of the country in just one week from today to Paradise :o) Caden just got out of bed a few minutes ago and is here by my side. I've sure been having lots of fun with him here in Tampa. I arrived here on Thursday morning a little before 10:30 am. It's very, very cool down here. Brett & Karissa have had the heat on and I even heard reports that Orlando may have snow flurries. It's been very cloudy and sprinkling little rain showers off and on since I've been here. What ever happened to Florida being the "Sunshine State"? Last evening I checked the weather in Cayman and it was to be in the 80's during the day with the temps going down to 70 last night. I think I'll be able to handle that :o) But then when summer rolls around that will be a different story! I'm sure we'll adapt to that as well. From what I'm hearing we left Ohio just before a major snow storm hit and they are to have record breaking temperatures over this weekend. That I won't miss!! I always have liked the snow but the older I get it was mainly when I looked at it from inside! Dennis & Brandon are to get here today with the U~Haul type truck that has our things packed in it for Cayman. We are to be at Miami Airport @ 7:00 am Monday for an appointment with Cayman Airlines to get all the business done to send the boxes on ahead of us hoping they will arrive before we do. Please pray all the boxes arrive and nothing gets damaged or broken. I think that setting up a new home will be a lot more fun then packing up my Ohio home. Right now I'm enjoying relaxing here at Brett & Karissa's with my "Little Man". Also, please pray for Brandon. He has been really, really sick for the last 1 ~ 2 months and now he has blisters all over his throat. Dennis thinks he probably has strep throat. So, yesterday I found a walk~in clinic that he's going to as soon as they get here. Dennis hopes to arrive by noon! Brett, Karissa & Caden were supposed to go to Miami with us but unfortunately Brett has to go on base Monday to take a test. We were really excited about us all going down there together but now it's not happening. Well, please check back as I'll update as often as I can!
Love you all, Dorcas!!

6 comments:

Vi said...

Well, halleujah, we finally have a new blog!!!! This makes me so happy. Do I have to bring my beach chair? PLEASE SEND WARMTH!!!! Best of luck with your new move. Keep the blog rollin'. Luv ya!

Dorcas said...

Vi.....
Well, hallelujah back to you, sister sue!! Yes, I wanted you all to be able to think you're in Cayman with me:o) And no, I'll provide a beach chair if you come. I mean WHEN you come!! I definitely will keep this updated!! Love you, too!!

Jimm said...

Just got the mail. Happy all is going OK to date. Hope Brandon and Brett and all are better soon!!
Can't wait to see pics of your new house and then we can plan better what to wear and bring!
LOL Jimm & Cheryl

Dorcas said...

Jimm.....
Don't worry about any winter clothes in Cayman! There won't be any snow or cold weather there :o)))

Anonymous said...

Yeah. It's here...the long-awaited blog. And what a lovely blog address. It reminds me that I could use a vacation!!

Please put on more pictures as soon as you get there.

Take care. I'm missing you already.

Love ya,
Charlotte

Dorcas said...

Charlotte.....
I thought that was an appropriate name for my blog! And yes, I will put pictures on for all of you as often as I can! I won't forget about you all.