Sunday, January 31, 2010

My First Piece Of Furniture Bought In Grand Cayman

When we came to interview in November, Dennis & I had talked about some changes that we would make in the house (aka the parsonage ~ Manse here in Cayman). One of those changes were that we definitely needed to do something in the living room since there was quite a bit of empty space. We've been looking around at different stores for some furniture but the prices are well a little more pricey than I'm used to in the States. On Friday afternoon, we decided to go out and see if we could find anything that wasn't totally out of sight price wise and yet something we liked. We really wanted to get a bigger bookcase or two smaller ones. Well, in the "looking" process Dennis found this beautiful case. So, I decided to take my Precious Moment figurines out of my china cabinet and put them in here instead. I think it turned out really nice. We ordered end tables and a coffee table to replace the one's that are here and we're hoping the new one's will match the case. But they won't arrive for at least three weeks!! So, in the meantime I'm enjoying this!!


I took this one this morning before going to Church

4 comments:

Vi said...

Beautiful piece. I'm sure you feel more like home when you can display your things. Lovely pics.

Jeanne said...

very pretty~~

Dorcas said...

Vi.....
Thanks!! Yes, my Precious Moment figurines look so pretty in there.

Dorcas said...

Jeanne.....
I really like it!!