Friday, June 14, 2013

Oh, What A Week This Has Been

 
It started last week!! When I'd get up in the mornings my head was stuffy and my nose would be running. That has been very unusual for me since living here in Cayman, but I really didn't think a whole lot about it. BUT last weekend I was brought to reality when I started feeling really, really bad. As the weekend progressed I felt worse in so much so that I didn't go to Church Sunday night which is very unusual for me. On Monday morning when I woke up I knew right away there was no way I could go to work. I ended up laying on the sofa most of the day! On Tuesday and Wednesday I didn't go into work until late morning or early afternoon. When Thursday rolled around I really pushed myself and went over for the whole day. This was the last week of school and what a horrible time to be so sick! I knew then I really didn't have much of a choice as I had so much work to finish up for this school year. This morning I started my day in the office around 7:45 or so. It was really busy! A lot of the students were in out of my office just to talk :o) Parents were making their way in to pay off school bills. School was dismissed at 11:00 am and it was finally over until the end of August!!  Dennis had been in his office most of the morning and a little after noon he said about going to lunch with him. It was almost 1:00 before I could get away. As soon as we came back I went right back to work! Finally, I locked the outside door into the building and turned off the hall light as I couldn't be bothered by anyone else other than the staff as I was swamped with work!! I think it was around 4:00 or 4:30 when my iPad started ringing!!!  What a nice surprise it was when I turned it on to see my two most favorite Little People in the entire world!!  The connection was not good and it kept freezing up and/or going off :o(  Right away I told Brett that I was at work and I would go home so Dennis could share in the excitement of talking to them.  We decided to get on Skype instead and that was a lot better.  I snapped this picture as they performed on their guitars for us :o)  One of the main reasons they called was to tell and show us the newest member of their family.  They got a Black Lab that looks so much like our Toby.  But when I mentioned that to Caden he quickly informed me that Sammie is a girl dog and Toby was a boy dog :o)  After talking with them for a little while I went back over to my office as I'll be working a short time tomorrow hoping more parents come in to pay off their bills.  It was 7:30 when I ended the day in the office ~ almost 12 hours after starting early this morning!!

I've been so hungry for some good homemade chili, so I had Dennis pick up some ground sirloin for me and I fried it up last night.  This morning I just put it and the rest of the ingredients in my crock pot and left it to cook while I worked.  When I came over at lunch time this was just part of the mess I had.  My crockpot is not very big and it had cooked out all over the place and I mean all over the place.  It was on the counter, down the front of my white cupboards and splattered all over the floor!!!  Oh, what a mess.

This is how it looked when I took the lid off!!

And then I scooped out a bowl full and added some shredded cheddar cheese.  Ummm Good!!  It was so nice to come home to a prepared supper even if I didn't eat until almost 8:00 pm.

This is going to be another one of those crazy busy, busy weekends!  Tomorrow late afternoon is our Mother/Father Banquet at the Paradise Grill (for those of you who have come down to visit us that's the one where we sat outside right at the Sea with the cruise ships near us) and then at 7:00 is our School Awards Night with the students who worked hard and earned awards.   That is a very special and exciting time for the kids!!  Of course, Sunday is Father's Day and we'll have a special service in the morning.  At 4:00 pm in the afternoon is our Graduation Service and by the evening we'll be exhausted :o)  I'm sure we'll be tired out well before that.  I hope to take a lot of pictures to post on here!!  Stop back soon!!

4 comments:

Vi said...

Great pic Grammy! They're so cute! Hope you are feeling better soon!

Dorcas said...

Vi.....
Thank you!! They're my favorite Little People to capture pictures of in case nobody noticed! Haha!! I feel better than I did earlier this week, but it just wants to linger and linger. I still feel a little yucky, but each day seems to be better than the previous one!! That's a plus!

Anonymous said...

Dueling guitars! How sweet. So sorry about your chili mess. But it looks good. Hope you're feeling lots better today.

Love ya, Charlotte

Dorcas said...

Charlotte.....
Haha!! Dueling guitars!! I like that :o) Yes, I got the chili all cleaned up and yes, it was a huge mess. Dennis always tells me that I fill the crock pot to full when I use it. Hopefully next week I'm going to get a bigger one and that will eliminate that problem!! I'm feeling quite a bit better today. Every day seems like I've improved. Thank you!